Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

Problem pushing out SnapCenter

GingerBeardGeek
views-count 766 Views

I had an issue with backups suddenly failing stating that a job was already running, even though it had cancelled.

I removed the plugins and the Host and then tried to redeploy, but it keeps failing. The error in the install log is:

9-21-2020[01:02:13 PM]: (CLR Action): SWInstallerHelper: Begin CheckStaleServiceExist.
9-21-2020[01:02:13 PM]: Engine: property 'IS_STALE_SERVICE_EXIST' value now 'true'
9-21-2020[01:02:13 PM]: (CLR Action): SWInstallerHelper: CheckStaleServiceExist: SCWPluginService is exist, remove the service manually & re-try the installtion again
9-21-2020[01:02:13 PM]: Action returned value 0x00000643
9-21-2020[01:02:13 PM]: Action 'CheckStaleServiceExist' returned status 0x80070643
9-21-2020[01:02:13 PM]: Original exit status: 0x80070643, final exit status: 0x00000643

I have checked the registry for any stale NetApp registry keys and cannot find any. I have checked the "Program Files" folder and there is nothing there. Where else could the installer be looking when performing this 'CheckStaleServiceExist' routine?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Problem pushing out SnapCenter

hmoubara
views-count 767 Views

Hello,

Have you tried rebooting the server and re-try the operation? if not please perform a reboot and try again.

If reboot was already performed, please follow the kb below on how to remove stale entry for snapcenter plugin:

https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Protection_and_Security/SnapCenter/Manual_remove_SnapCenter_Plug-Ins_from_Plug-In_host

Thanks

View solution in original post

GingerBeardGeek
views-count 767 Views

Thanks for the response and the link. The SnapCenter server was rebooted at the weekend for patching. The host server which I am trying to add is due for a reboot next Monday, as it is a clinical system, and we must plan downtime. I have checked and it is in a pending reboot state at the moment. Hopefully, this is what is causing the failed installs.

GingerBeardGeek
views-count 767 Views

All sorted now. Thanks again.

"sc delete SCWPluginService" was the command which cleaned up the last bit of the plugin.

G2 Review Banner
All Community Forums
Public