Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

Re: Problems with SMSQL Cloning to remote Host --> 0x80070005 Access is denied

Oustanding! I am glad to hear you are up and running.

I just deployed a new SQL 2014 and ran into this similar issue last week trying to perform a clone. SMSQL 7.1 always wants to mount the oldest snapshot no matter what backup set date/time I choose. Going to ask my storage manager to get P1 for me to see if it solves my issue too.

Installing 7.1P1 didn't fix the issue of SMSQL incorrectly mounting the proper snapshot to restore from. Boo.....

Andy,

Are you saying you can't use SMSQL to clone to a remote host without having both servers in the domain?  I'm working in a lab and have run into the same issue as @Br .  I am running up to date versions of the NetApp software (SDW 7.1.2, SMSQL 7.2 on Server 2008R2 SP1 with SQLServer2008R2SP2).

I'm going to add them to a domain to see if that makes a difference.

Luke

@AndyD wrote:

@Br Stefan - Please change the SnapDrive user account to a domain user account that has admin rights on both servers.  I would also suggest an upgrade of both SDW and SMSQL, as those versions are quite old and out of support.

@patrick - What versions of SDW and SMSQL are you running?  We are aware of an issue with SMSQL 7.0/7.1 that exhibits the exact behavior you are seeing.  There is a patch release currently available that addresses this issue, so if you are running the SMSQL 7.x code line, please contact NetApp Support for assistance in obtaining the patch.

@lederman wrote:

Andy,

Are you saying you can't use SMSQL to clone to a remote host without having both servers in the domain?  I'm working in a lab and have run into the same issue as @Br .  I am running up to date versions of the NetApp software (SDW 7.1.2, SMSQL 7.2 on Server 2008R2 SP1 with SQLServer2008R2SP2).

I'm going to add them to a domain to see if that makes a difference.

Luke

@AndyD wrote:

@Br Stefan - Please change the SnapDrive user account to a domain user account that has admin rights on both servers.  I would also suggest an upgrade of both SDW and SMSQL, as those versions are quite old and out of support.

@patrick - What versions of SDW and SMSQL are you running?  We are aware of an issue with SMSQL 7.0/7.1 that exhibits the exact behavior you are seeing.  There is a patch release currently available that addresses this issue, so if you are running the SMSQL 7.x code line, please contact NetApp Support for assistance in obtaining the patch.

I can, in fact, confirm that using domain accounts solved my issue.

Thanks for the info!

Luke 

Forums