Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

RunAs user with Snapcenter 4.0

sbennett1298

I am having problems with RunAs credentials in Snapcenter 4.0.

I cannot add Linux RunAs credentials from the VSphere pluggin in Vcenter. The Credential type is set to Windows and cannot be changed.

I am able to add the Linux credential on the SnapCenter server but when I add it there it does not show up in Vcenter. The Windows RunAs credentials I add on the SnapCenter server do show up in Vcenter.

-sbennett1298

1 REPLY 1

Spaceball

Hi,
I'm not sure if I understand Your Problem but let me give it a try.

It cost me some time as well to get "Run as" working as it should.

The "Run as" User configured in SnapCenter (settings->Run As Credentials) is an ordinary System-User at  Host side, granted by some root or administrator

privileges -also at the host side.

So as an example, I`m snapping hana databases on linux hosts and so I need a user on the hana-host side who is able to do a ssh login and need some additional

sodo privileges.

My Unix-Admin added a function-user named "fcsnap" on the HANA_HOST1.

fcsnap is allowed login to the hana host by ssh and password (not passphrase) and to do some sodo-commands, declared inside the /etc/sodoers.d/fcsnap configuration file:

###############

cmnd_Alias NETAPP_SCCMD = /tmp/sc-plugin-installer/snapcenter_linux_host_plugin.bin *, \
                                                     /opt/NetApp/snapcenter/spl/installation/plugins/uninstall, \
                                                    /opt/NetApp/snapcenter/spl/bin/spl
Cmnd_Alias NETAPP_PRECHECKCMD = /tmp/netapp/Linux_Prechecks.sh
fcsnap ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:SETENV: NETAPP_SCCMD, NETAPP_PRECHECKCMD

Defaults:fcsnap !visiblepw
Defaults:fcsnap !requiretty

###############

so at snapcenter runas config, the "run as name" is "HANA_HOST1_fcsnap"

where the "username" is "fcsnap",

the password is the "password" given by my uni-admin

and "Authentication" is "Linux"

If You have a Windows host, it should be very semiar (I have no experience in Windows User privilege management) 

Let me know if this helps You a bit or if I totaly misunderstood Your Problem.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public