Data Backup and Recovery

SC 4.0.0P1 - Schedule

nicholaj

Hello

I have just installed P1 from 4.0.0 and how when i go to create a schedule i get the below error. Has anyone seen this before? The reason for upgrading to P1 was to remove the issue of not being able to create a schedule to start "today" (start date invalid).

‘com.netapp.snapcreator.ui.client.data.TaskModel’ was not assignable to ‘com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IsSerializable’ and did not have a custom field serializer. For security purposes, this type will not be deserialized.

Installed on windows server 2008 R2.

Hopefully this is an easy one.

Many thanks

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Arora_Kapil

Hi Nick,

Please can you clear the browser cache and try again?

I think this issue occurs beacuse there are still some files cached from your previous SC install in your browser and they mismatch with the new ones.

Let us know if it works, if not we will try to recreate it in our local environment.

Thanks,

Kapil

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Arora_Kapil

Hi Nick,

Please can you clear the browser cache and try again?

I think this issue occurs beacuse there are still some files cached from your previous SC install in your browser and they mismatch with the new ones.

Let us know if it works, if not we will try to recreate it in our local environment.

Thanks,

Kapil

nicholaj

Thanks Kapil this worked!

However I am still running in to the same issue in that "the start date is not valid". Any idea?

Thanks

Nick

Arora_Kapil

Hi Nick,

When do you get this error?

When you try to edit a schedule with a start date in the past?

Kapil

nicholaj

Hello Kapil

Sorry for the delay, I have limited access to the internet.

It is when I try to create a new schedule selecting today as the start date?

Thanks

Nick

Arora_Kapil

This is not expected behavior and has never been reported.

Is your SC server and browser you are accessing GUI from in different timezones?

Please can you share GUI logs with us so that we can analyze the issue?

Thanks,

Kapil

nicholaj

Hi Kapil

When looking at the GUI logs I noticed that the time stamp on the log was an hour out. Turns out the time\zone on the server was not properly defined. After setting GMT+1 it all worked as planned.

Thanks for all your help.

Nick

Public