Data Backup and Recovery

SC. OpsMgr ApplianceWatch 2.1.1 installation trouble

Hans_Gustavsson

Hi,

I am trying to install AppliaceWatch 2.1.1 on our SCOM test environment. 

I’m getting error in the AppWatch log that the management server’s Action Account doesn’t have access to the mgmnt group.

The account is a member of the administrators group on the server and is the configured account for RMS so I don’t know why it gets access denied.

I have added our netapp as network devices and then run the discovery task from the RMS after that I setup the controller credentials with the same management server action account.

Everything looks ok except that I don’t think I will receive any alerts or se can see any information in the performance views.

Any help is appreciated.

The log message looks like this.

Log Name:      AppWatch
Source:        DataONTAP ApplianceWatch Logger
Date:          12/1/2010 1:33:09 PM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      scomserver.fqdn
Description:
2010-12-01 13:33:09,685 [8796:mon] ERROR (NetApp.OM.Server.Monitoring.SCOMMonitoringClass:InvokeDoubleThresholdMonitoringMethod) - Failed to connect to mgt group: scomserver.fqdn
Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessMonitoringException: The user domain\ManagementServerActionAccount does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.HandleIndigoExceptions(Exception ex)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.CreateChannel(TieredManagementGroupConnectionSettings managementGroupTier)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer..ctor(DuplexChannelFactory`1 channelFactory, TieredManagementGroupConnectionSettings managementGroupTier, IClientDataAccess callback, CacheMode cacheMode)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.CreateEndpoint(ManagementGroupConnectionSettings connectionSettings, IClientDataAccess clientCallback)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.Connect(ManagementGroupConnectionSettings connectionSettings)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ManagementGroup..ctor(String serverName)
   at NetApp.OM.Library.SCOM.Utils.ConnectToManagementGroup(String serverName)
   at NetApp.OM.Server.Monitoring.SCOMMonitoringClass.InvokeDoubleThresholdMonitoringMethod(String managementServerName, String methodName, Int32 warningThreshold, Int32 criticalThreshold)

Regards

Hans G.

14 REPLIES 14

watan

Can you go to administration tab and click "connected management groups"

Can you connect?  credentials ok here?

EDIT:

Also can you check the credentials for Action Account under SCOM Administration -> Run As configuration -> Accounts

Hans_Gustavsson

We don’t have any connected management groups on our SCOM test environment, it’s a standalone server and the Appwatch mgmnt pack is installed on the RMS server. So for what I understand we shouldn’t need to connect to any other management groups.

On the action account we have configured the ‘Default Action Account’ profile for the RMS server to use a domain account and it is a member of the server’s admin group and also a member of the SCOM’s admin group. So I don’t understand how the account can get access denied in the logged errors.

Regards
Hans

watan

If you've changed the passwords since installation, you may need to recheck and reenter the passwords in SCOM.

Go to the action account and reenter the credentials.

Run manual discovery of AppWatch from discovered inventory.

donaldnetapp

Hi

We are also having the same issue. I have worked with the Netapp support team after enabling the SSL we are able to pull some of the data but performance data still not working. I am seeing the below error in the event viwer.

Event Type:        Error

Event Source:    DataONTAP ApplianceWatch Logger

Event Category:                None

Event ID:              0

Date:                     2/2/2011

Time:                    8:52:11 AM

User:                     N/A

Computer:          XXXXX

Description:

2011-02-02 08:52:11,018 [3104:mon] ERROR (NetApp.OM.Server.Monitoring.SCOMMonitoringClass:InvokeMonitoringMethod) - Failed to connect to mgt group: XXXXXX

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessMonitoringException: The user PROD\XXXX does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.HandleIndigoExceptions(Exception ex)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.CreateChannel(TieredManagementGroupConnectionSettings managementGroupTier)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer..ctor(DuplexChannelFactory`1 channelFactory, TieredManagementGroupConnectionSettings managementGroupTier, IClientDataAccess callback, CacheMode cacheMode)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.CreateEndpoint(ManagementGroupConnectionSettings connectionSettings, IClientDataAccess clientCallback)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.Connect(ManagementGroupConnectionSettings connectionSettings)

at NetApp.OM.Server.Monitoring.SCOMMonitoringClass.InvokeMonitoringMethod(String managementServerName, String methodName)

Please assist us to resolve the issue.

Regards

Doanld D'souza

watan

Hi Donald,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.  I've got Scott working on our next concall to work on this issue.  It may be a setting within SCOM that needs to be flipped and will see if dev/qa has any comments on this.

Thanks,

Alla

watan

Hi Donald,

Also please confirm the steps in my post above.

If you've changed the passwords since installation, you may need to recheck and reenter the passwords in SCOM.

Go to the action account and reenter the credentials.

Run manual discovery of AppWatch from discovered inventory.

GENIDADIL

Hello!

We have installed ApplianceWatch 2.1.1 on SCOM 2007 R2 by the book, and we are also facing the same issue. When we go to Performance Tab we can only see message "No performance counter is selected. To select a counter, place a check mark in the Show column in legend bellow.".

In event viewer we have a lot of messages like:

2011-05-11 10:52:00,667 [7752:mon]
ERROR (NetApp.OM.Server.Monitoring.SCOMMonitoringClass:InvokeMonitoringMethod) - Failed to connect to mgt group: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessMonitoringException: The user CORP\sascomaction does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.
   at NetApp.OM.Server.Monitoring.SCOMMonitoringClass.InvokeMonitoringMethod(String managementServerName, String methodName)

I have also reentered the password for user sascomaction, but the problem is still here.

I will be very gratefull for any help that would lead to solving this.

Thank you in advance,

Damir

Hans_Gustavsson

Hi,

We managed to get it working by adding the "Management Server Action Account" to the administrator role in OpsMgr ( Administration > Security > User Roles > Operations Manager Administrators) I haven't looked in to it anymore why the account needs to be there but it solved the problem we had.

Br,

Hans.

GENIDADIL

Hello!

Thank you for such a fast reply. I have tried your solution but unfortunatly this does not work for us. Do you maybe have any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

Damir  

Hans_Gustavsson

Hi,

No sorry that did it for us, but I had to restart the health/"system center management" service before we got rid of the error events (to be safe restart the server). I added the account to an AD group that is a member of the admin role and I suppose it only checks for group changes after a restart.

/Hans

watan

That's great news.  Let us know how things go.

watan

Is this user in the SCOM Administrators Group?  CORP\sascomaction

GENIDADIL

Yes, user CORP/sascomaction is in SCOM admin group and I have now also rebooted the server but the problem is still here

watan

Is this user in the administrators group on the storage?  If not, can you test to see if this works?

Also, what about in SCOM - Administration -> Action Account-> re-enter the password.

Please open a support case so they can start collecting logs if the above doesn't fix the problem.

Public