Data Backup and Recovery

SC. OpsMgr ApplianceWatch 2.1.1 installation trouble

Hans_Gustavsson

Hi,

I am trying to install AppliaceWatch 2.1.1 on our SCOM test environment. 

I’m getting error in the AppWatch log that the management server’s Action Account doesn’t have access to the mgmnt group.

The account is a member of the administrators group on the server and is the configured account for RMS so I don’t know why it gets access denied.

I have added our netapp as network devices and then run the discovery task from the RMS after that I setup the controller credentials with the same management server action account.

Everything looks ok except that I don’t think I will receive any alerts or se can see any information in the performance views.

Any help is appreciated.

The log message looks like this.

Log Name:      AppWatch
Source:        DataONTAP ApplianceWatch Logger
Date:          12/1/2010 1:33:09 PM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      scomserver.fqdn
Description:
2010-12-01 13:33:09,685 [8796:mon] ERROR (NetApp.OM.Server.Monitoring.SCOMMonitoringClass:InvokeDoubleThresholdMonitoringMethod) - Failed to connect to mgt group: scomserver.fqdn
Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessMonitoringException: The user domain\ManagementServerActionAccount does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.HandleIndigoExceptions(Exception ex)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.CreateChannel(TieredManagementGroupConnectionSettings managementGroupTier)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer..ctor(DuplexChannelFactory`1 channelFactory, TieredManagementGroupConnectionSettings managementGroupTier, IClientDataAccess callback, CacheMode cacheMode)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.CreateEndpoint(ManagementGroupConnectionSettings connectionSettings, IClientDataAccess clientCallback)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.Connect(ManagementGroupConnectionSettings connectionSettings)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ManagementGroup..ctor(String serverName)
   at NetApp.OM.Library.SCOM.Utils.ConnectToManagementGroup(String serverName)
   at NetApp.OM.Server.Monitoring.SCOMMonitoringClass.InvokeDoubleThresholdMonitoringMethod(String managementServerName, String methodName, Int32 warningThreshold, Int32 criticalThreshold)

Regards

Hans G.

14 REPLIES 14
Public