Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

SMHV on 2012 core

a_jasewicz
We are in the process of migrating from VMware to Hyper-v. My question is on SMHV. The VM team has decided to run 2012 core and the storage protocol is SMB3. cDOT 8.3.2P1, SD 7.1.3P1, SMHV 2.1.1. I believe I have everything configured correctly. I am running SMHV from a 3rd server, administrative, that is running full 2012. In SMHV, on the administrative system, I am able to add the cluster, it sees the two cluster nodes and all the VM’s on the cluster. The issue arises when running the “Configuration Wizard” I get this error “StorageConnectionControl: An error occurred while processing SDGetStorageConnection request Object reference not set to an instance of an object”. I am able to set the SnapInfo directory which places the environment in a “configured” state, however when invoking the “SnapInfo Settings” a second time the correct SMB path is displayed but the SAN radio button is picked not the NAS. Does anyone have an idea what that error means, I could find not search hits on it? Do I have a valid configuration?
4 REPLIES 4

Racoon

I have the exact same setup, and the same error. Is there any ETA when this will be fixed? And when i search for the Bug ID i cant any result!

hariprak

Hi,

The issue is currently under investigation. For more information, see BUG number: 990471.
Can you try Downgrade SD 7.1.3P1 to SD 7.1.1 and check.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

a_jasewicz

I will try this on Monday and report Back

a_jasewicz

That was the fix downgrading to SD 7.1.1.  Sorry it took so long I was tied up with other issues.  For some reason I am unable to select "Accept as Solution" or Kudos.  I have tried 3 different borwsers and other coomputers and networks.  It must be something I am doing, what I do not know. 

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public