Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

SMO Creating Profile In Win2008

asitienei

Hi ,

I am getting below error when creating a profile in snap manager for oracle

--[ERROR] SMO-05075: Profile create failed: ORACLE-00602: Cannot find ORACLE_HOME for SID " " in the Windows Registry

Log Details

INFO] SMO-13051: Process PID=9304

[ INFO] SMO-13036: Starting operation Profile Create on host

[ INFO] SMO-13036: Starting operation Profile Create on host

[ INFO] SMO-13046: Operation GUID 8a80838d3a30014a013a30014fe90009 starting on Profile netapp_jobs

[ INFO] SMO-13505: SnapDrive environment verification passed.

[ERROR] SMO-05075: Profile create failed: ORACLE-00602: Cannot find ORACLE_HOME for SID " " in the Windows Registry.

[ERROR] SMO-13032: Cannot perform operation: Profile Create.  Root cause: ORACLE-00602: Cannot find ORACLE_HOME for SID "  " in the Windows Registry.

[ INFO] SMO-13039: Successfully aborted operation: Profile Create

[ERROR] SMO-13048: Profile Create Operation Status: FAILED

[ INFO] SMO-13049: Elapsed Time: 0:00:08.268

Your help will be highly appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

RoyG

I ran into this issue as well after upgrading Oracle 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.4.  No resolutions found on the net helped.  

error [ERROR] SMO-05075: Profile create failed: ORACLE-00602: Cannot find ORACLE_HOME for SID "DELTEKCP" in the Windows Registry.

Setting ORACLE_HOME wouldn't resolve it.  I had a cloned box that didn't have the upgrade yet.  

I exported the registry from that box for the key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\KEY_OraDb11g_home1] and imported that into my upgraded box and this RESOLVED this issue.  I'm not sure which key resolved it.  I'm attaching a screenshot of the keys in this export for reference.

Sahana

Hi

SnapManager does not support the following features, platforms, and Oracle technologies:

• Policy-based data protection available with the integration of the NetApp Management Console data protection capability

• Role-based access control (RBAC) available with the integration of Operations Manager

• Fast restore or volume-based SnapRestore (VBSR) 11

• Clone split operation

• Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) using any protocol

• Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) using any protocol

• Oracle Direct NFS (dNFS)

• Itanium-64 platforms

Refer https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_get_file/ECMP1119917 (Needs login) page 11.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Sahana

Since this is Oracle RAC, you should provide the aaa1 during the profile creation (the SID of the database has a number at the end corresponding to each RAC node).

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

RoyG

Sahana, this is not RAC.  This is single Windows instance.

chinchillaking

Hi Aspel,

I have problem with "ORACLE-00602: Cannot find ORACLE_HOME for SID " " in the Windows Registry" with SMO 3.0.3 and 3.1 but I am not sure same as your, environment as below.

Windows 2008R2 EE SP1

Oracle 11gR2 X64

I found below link describe Oracle 64bit registry in "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ORACLE\ORACLE_HOME", but 32bit application cannot recognise.  I cannot found SMO x64 access Oracle registry information and I try export registry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ORACLE\ORACLE_HOME and edit location to HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\ORACLE_HOME, after import new edition and the problem disappear.

http://blog.whitehorses.nl/2010/02/03/32-bit-applications-on-64-bit-windows-welcome-wow6432node-registry-key/

Best regards,

Chung

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public