Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

Re: SMSAP/SMO 3.3 on AIX: Clone Database does not work

Can you please upload the SMO log file?

Thanks,

Ashwath

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. I had the customer to send me the alert log but he has no longer logs before the 7.March - so not the one with our events, unfortunately.

It would be interesting if you can reproduce the error in your labs - I guess it should be possible - maybe even with other OS then ours.

regards,

Helmut

After running through the logs, it appears that the listener does not identify the cloned database. Could you please check the listener status and revert?

Thanks,

Ashwath

Sorry for the late answer:

No - on our customer site we can not check anything. The whole environment does no longer exist (since we downgraded the whole environment to SMSAP 3.2 when we discovered the problem - The downgrade solved the issue immediatly)

Do you have the possibility to create a Test-environment with the same Versions, and test it internally?

Have you ever seen a successful clone with Recovery in Version 3.3 ?

Hello,

I also have the problem that after upgrading the SMSAP to Version 3.3 the cloning process tries to connect to the Oracle Database via port 1500.  The listener port in our system is configured on port 1502. The whole process was working perfectly with version 3.1.

Is this a bug in version 3.3 ? Is there a solution from NetApp?

Thanks you!

Best Regards,

Andreas

Forums