Data Backup and Recovery

SMSP 6 - enabling RBS

brobbins23

I'm not being able to get RBS installed and enabled.

I've installed the agent on my two WFEs and chose Archiver and Extender which is suppose to install the RBS provider.  Is there any way a can verify that the provider is installed?

If it can be determined that it wasen't installed then what could be the possible issue? Is there a seperate installer for the RBS provider that I can run?

thanks for any help you can give!!

4 REPLIES 4

reena

How are you checking that RBS is not installed? Take a look at the BLOB Provider Settings in SMSP Manager, if it is installed. If it shows installed, you need to enable it on the webapps in the Settings tab there.

Reena Gupta

brobbins23

That's where I was checking. It says it's uninstalled within the BLOB Provider Settings. Support pointed me to "C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SharePoint\VaultClient\bin\SMSP2010StorageRBSTool.exe" and had me run this. I then clicked on "Check" and it said that nothing was installed. I then clicked "Install" and I came up with the following:

Install remote blob storage binaries.

Succeed

Copy remote blob storage provider DLL to GAC.

Succeed.

Install failed.Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Data.SqlRemoteBlobs, Version=10.50.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I then uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled the agent and it looks like that fixed the issue.

reena

So yeah.. Agent was not properly installed, that's why it wasn't finding the proper files. RBStool is really a backdoor tool, but good for troubleshooting.

Cheers,

Reena Gupta

edgel

Got this far (had exact same problem with DLL and had to uninstall/re-install on WFE).   Now on verification using "C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SharePoint\VaultClient\bin\SMSP2010StorageRBSTool.exe" tool to enable the RBS tool on my content DBs I get "RBS tables not installed".   Any ideas?

Public