Data Backup and Recovery

SMSP and SM for SQL how do they work together?

debpearenetapp

I have been backing up SQL databases using SnapManager for SQL for about three years now.  I am now tasked with implementing SnapManager for SharePoint.  I am very familiar with Snap Manager for SQL so please enlighten me on how this interfaces with SnapMangaer for SharePoint.  Do I still setup the SM for SQL jobs for the databases?  Is there a Best Practices on how to set up SMSP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rbarker

This diagram illustrates the interactions between the different components of SMSP and should provide a basic understanding of how the different components leverage each other in the software stack. This diagram is specific to SMSP 6.1, but the interactivity model hasn't changed that much with the newer versions of SMSP 7.0 or 7.1.

Thanks,

Rob

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

spence

You do not make jobs in SMSQL for the SharePoint DBs.  SMSP will make SMSQL calls via the member agent installed on the SQL servers when backups of the DBs are taken and verified.

Send me an email and I'll send you a walkthrough (spence@netapp.com)

rbarker

This diagram illustrates the interactions between the different components of SMSP and should provide a basic understanding of how the different components leverage each other in the software stack. This diagram is specific to SMSP 6.1, but the interactivity model hasn't changed that much with the newer versions of SMSP 7.0 or 7.1.

Thanks,

Rob

Public