Data Backup and Recovery

SMSQL 7.0 Marked Transactions Not Showing

Fred_White

Newbie to the forums and to the tool, so perhaps this is an easy fix.

We've got the tool up and running seemingly fine. We've run multiple backups with transaction logs, I'm seeing the logs, and I can even opt to do point in time restores. However, if I select the option to go for specific transactions to choose, no transactions are ever showing. I've tried this across multiple databases and multiple backups. I can always see the DB backups and the transaction logs, but there are never any transactions listed in the Select Marked Transaction pop up even when I see a transaction range of multiple days in which I know there have been lots of changes to the database.

Any ideas why specific transactions would not be listed on that pop up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deepuj

Hi,

In order to see the marked transaction log you should first take a federated backup.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

deepuj

Hi,

You can use either restore to mark or restore to point-in-time. They do not work simultaneously.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Fred_White
Thank you for the response.

I'm not trying to use both simultaneously, I'm simply trying to see ANY transactions in the Select Marked Transaction screen, and none appear at all. I only mentioned that the point in time option gives me a valid date and time range to show that I do have transaction logs and the restore tool appears to be recognizing them...but when I deselect point in time and select specific transaction, no transactions are listed.

deepuj

Hi,

In order to see the marked transaction log you should first take a federated backup.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Fred_White

Thank you for pointing me in this direction. After reading more carefully about Federated Backups and Marked Transactions, I now understand the functionality much more clearly and have it working properly.

Public