Data Backup and Recovery

SMSQL 7.2 Backupjob for all current AND future DBs

thomasb82

Hi guys,

I'd like to have one sched. backup job that backs up all my current databases AND future DBs.

I really hope that is possible because I don't want to forget creating a backup job for a new DBs that will be added in the future...

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dmauro

Hi,

if database is added within same lun's as other database, you should be good to go an create a scheduled task without the database names in the syntax.

the new-backup cmdlet accepts the -Database parameter as an optional parameter

as per page 148 of SMSQL 7.2 AG:

"If you do not specify the database parameter explicitly, the cmdlet backs up all the databases from all
the SQL Server instances in the host. If storage other than NetApp storage exists on your system, the
cmdlet omits databases located on that storage. Databases incompletely configured or databases in
incompatible states are omitted when not explicitly provided with this parameter"

hope that helps,

Domenico Di Mauro.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dmauro

Hi,

if database is added within same lun's as other database, you should be good to go an create a scheduled task without the database names in the syntax.

the new-backup cmdlet accepts the -Database parameter as an optional parameter

as per page 148 of SMSQL 7.2 AG:

"If you do not specify the database parameter explicitly, the cmdlet backs up all the databases from all
the SQL Server instances in the host. If storage other than NetApp storage exists on your system, the
cmdlet omits databases located on that storage. Databases incompletely configured or databases in
incompatible states are omitted when not explicitly provided with this parameter"

hope that helps,

Domenico Di Mauro.

thomasb82

Thank you very much, that was easy!

Public