Data Backup and Recovery

SMSQL: unnable to clone to an alternate server

cheche030

I'm unnable to clone to an alternate server with SMSQL, the only error in the source server report is 0xc0041085 without description, and in destination server the same error in event log.

The source server is a SQL cluster instance connected to storage system (A).

I am able to clone inside source cluster.

I am able to clone from other physical SQL cluster to destination server. This cluster is on other storage system (B), NetApp storage cluster with (A).

I am able to connect a LUN from storage system (A) to destination server with snapdrive.

I am able to connect from source server to destination server with snapdrive and snapmanager.

Anybody can help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cheche030

SOLVED: The problem was about firewall. Source and destination server are between firewall. I opened ports from source to destination but destination server need open port 135 to source. Thanks All.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

moncsko

Are you using a local or domain account for the SnapDrive service?

cheche030

For both, snapdrive and snapmanager services, i'm using domain account.

pascalduk

You are using the same SMSQL and SD versions on all the servers?

cheche030

Yes, the same version.

moncsko

Is it the same account in the same domain for both source and destination servers?

cheche030

Using SnapDrive from source server, I'm able to clone a snapshot LUN to destination server.

cheche030

SOLVED: The problem was about firewall. Source and destination server are between firewall. I opened ports from source to destination but destination server need open port 135 to source. Thanks All.

Public