Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

SQL Plug-In Stopped

Paulppp2008

One of our servers went down, and although we have been able to recover all DBs, I have noticed that the "plug-in" status on "SnapCenter Console" shows "stopped."

How do I go about re-activating this plug-in on the server - so i can return to having backups again?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Paulppp2008

-------------

This has been resolved.

For those dealing with this particular issue, the solution consists in locating the VM Server (where the plug-in has been installed) and simply re-start the service (SnapCenter Plug-In for SQL Server). 

If the service won't restart, you have the option of removing it by uninstalling it and re-installing it again.

Please note that if you were to remove the plug-in from the SnapCenter Center, you'll be deleting all previous backups associated with that VM. That might not be a good idea!!  The best solution would be to uninstall it on the VM side and then re-install it (if needed).

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Paulppp2008

-------------

This has been resolved.

For those dealing with this particular issue, the solution consists in locating the VM Server (where the plug-in has been installed) and simply re-start the service (SnapCenter Plug-In for SQL Server). 

If the service won't restart, you have the option of removing it by uninstalling it and re-installing it again.

Please note that if you were to remove the plug-in from the SnapCenter Center, you'll be deleting all previous backups associated with that VM. That might not be a good idea!!  The best solution would be to uninstall it on the VM side and then re-install it (if needed).

Thanks

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public