Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

SVM DR while migrating data using 7mtt tool

mp090

Hello,

I am doing copy based migration using 7mtt tool. I got a 7mtt project setup with couple of volumes mirrored to cluster mode filer. Now I want to setup DR from cluster mode filer to DR cluster mode filer. Is it possible to do so before 7mtt project cut over? So that data is mirrored from 7 mode to cluster mode using 7mtt tool and then from cluster mode to DR cluster mode using SVM DR?

2 REPLIES 2

nboggs

I would assume that you would be able to do that.  This would be a cascade style relationship and the second hop can only be done through the CLI.  Only one hop if you will is supported by NetApp.

Deligatedgeek

When I migrated the migration tool was not as mature and I complete all migrations manually, its actually much more simple that it seems.

In the manual process I needed to migrate volumes which were snapmirrored from a 7mode appliance to a 7mode appliance in another data center.  The volume was large and creating a new snapmirror would have left it without protection for several days.

I snapmirrored the source volume to the new ontap9 appliance and snapmirrored the destinations volume to the new ontap9 appliance in the second data center.  During after cut over I created the snapmirror relationship between the new ontap9 volumes the snapmirror was converted to new ontap9 snapmirror  and resyncronnised without massive data transfer.

I believe this is similar to what you are trying to do, I think the tool can also do this.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public