Data Backup and Recovery

SmsqlJobLauncher.exe mistery

cheche030

I don't found information about "SmsqlJobLauncher.exe" sintax and options. Anybody has it? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

beaupre

The SMSQLJobLauncher.exe program is used to execute the powershell cmdlet for the the SMSQL job.

Aside from the new-backup command and associated parameters, there are no other parameters.

Do you need to call the SMSQL powershell commands directly?

If so, you can do it this way:

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -psconsolefile "C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SQL Server\smsqlshell.psc1" -command "New-Backup -Server 'sql-server' -RetainBackups 6 -ManagementGroup 'weekly'"

Thanks,
Mark

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

beaupre

The SMSQLJobLauncher.exe program is used to execute the powershell cmdlet for the the SMSQL job.

Aside from the new-backup command and associated parameters, there are no other parameters.

Do you need to call the SMSQL powershell commands directly?

If so, you can do it this way:

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -psconsolefile "C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SQL Server\smsqlshell.psc1" -command "New-Backup -Server 'sql-server' -RetainBackups 6 -ManagementGroup 'weekly'"

Thanks,
Mark

cheche030

Thanks, this is all I need. I was so clueless.

beaupre

That was a good question. You are being a bit hard on yourself. Many of our customers and partners have a need to call SMSQL commands via PowerShell script. If you could mark the question answered, that would be great.

Thanks,
Mark

Public