Data Backup and Recovery

Snap Creator MaxDb Scripts

NAYABSK

Hi All,

I am trying to configure snap creator for my SAP systems and stuck up at the pre and post scripts , Can anybody help with this i am using Snap Creator 4.0

Thanks,

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ktenzer

Wll inside the config file you will see PRE_* and POST_* commands. If you want to run commands on server you set SERVER: <cmd> and if you want to run commands on agent you set AGENT: <cmd>.

For example run command "echo test" on server as post ntap command:

POST_NTAP_CMD01=SERVER: echo test

on agent

POST_NTAP_CMD01=AGENT: echo test

If you are running commands on agent you also need to edit the scAgent4.0.0/etc/agent.conf file and add permission to execute commands:

command: * - this will allow all commands, not so secure

command: echo test - this will allow the echo test command

You can have multiple commands each specified using command: <cmd>

The only other thing is set all PRE_* and POST_* commands to "echo test" to see where they run within workflow, then you can decide which ones work best for what you are trying to do.

This is documented in IAG (admin guide) and requires playing around with so make sure you have the time to get into this. Most of all have patience and experiement

Good luck!

Regards,

Keith

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

ktenzer

Sure what issues are you having? Maybe send config file and logs with an error?

Keith

NAYABSK

Hi Keith,

Yes you are the right person to deal with Snap Creator , Sorry what i mean issue is i don't know how to use the PRE and POST scripts in fact i don't know where i will be able get those and how to integrate them with Snap Creator so that my snap creator will work. Please can help me as i never did this before.

Thanks,

Nayab

ktenzer

Wll inside the config file you will see PRE_* and POST_* commands. If you want to run commands on server you set SERVER: <cmd> and if you want to run commands on agent you set AGENT: <cmd>.

For example run command "echo test" on server as post ntap command:

POST_NTAP_CMD01=SERVER: echo test

on agent

POST_NTAP_CMD01=AGENT: echo test

If you are running commands on agent you also need to edit the scAgent4.0.0/etc/agent.conf file and add permission to execute commands:

command: * - this will allow all commands, not so secure

command: echo test - this will allow the echo test command

You can have multiple commands each specified using command: <cmd>

The only other thing is set all PRE_* and POST_* commands to "echo test" to see where they run within workflow, then you can decide which ones work best for what you are trying to do.

This is documented in IAG (admin guide) and requires playing around with so make sure you have the time to get into this. Most of all have patience and experiement

Good luck!

Regards,

Keith

NAYABSK

Yuppp,and you are the author of the Script Thanks a lot for your instructions.

NAYABSK

And once i set the above parameters then i can configure everything from GUI right ?? Or only scripts can do the work ??

ktenzer

You cant set pre/post cmds through GUI directly. You can edit config file directly via VI or you can download config through GUI, update config locally, and the upload config and write over it.

Keith

NAYABSK

How about Agent and Plugins is there any difference else once i install the agent on the host plugins are automatic ??

NAYABSK

Never mind i really don know about the snap creator jus now started working on it

NAYABSK

What is the Community Plugins

SC-OVM

SC-NETWARE etc...?? Don have MaxDB in this ??

How the Community Plugins play role in SnapCreator ??

NAYABSK

Hi Siva,

So no community plugin available for MaxDb ??   as i can only see for, I am not good with scripts too now what will be the solution to proceed further

SC-OVM   

SC-NETWARE

SC-CACHE

SC-SYBASEIQ

SC-POSTGRES

SC-INFORMIX

SC-MongoDB

SC-HANA

SC-FS-PLUGINS  (ZFS snapshots)

https://github.com/SAP/cloud-hana-scriptview-demo

Thanks,

Nayab

sivar

Snap Creator default installation comes with MaxDB plugin, which is supported by NetApp support.

You don't need to do the community plugin install for that.

NAYABSK

Oh Thanks !! is this same applies to Oracle as well ?? and i have my Snap Creator server installed on the Windows 2008 and i will be able to have my Agents on Solaris , HP-UX and Linux is there something like both server and Agent should be on the same O.S ??

sivar

Yes. Snap Creator also comes with prepackaged plugin for Oracle.

You will also get NetApp support when using Oracle plugin.

You can have cross platform support for running server and Agent.
No need to be on the same OS.

NAYABSK

Hi Siva & Keith,

Thanks a lot gained enough confidence now will start with configuring SNAP CREATOR for my MaxDB first and will post here if i face any difficulties

Thanks a Ton to you both

Nayab

Public