Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

Snap Manager For Oracle Privileges issue

dfranklin

Guys

I have an issue with a basic snap manager for Oracle install I hope someone can help with. I cant seem to create a profile due to Insufficient Privileges issue with the snap manager windows service account.

We are using

• SMO v3
  • Windows 2K3 host with Oracle 10G v2

Managed to create the repository DB OK and authenticate, but when trying to create a profile to any DB I hit the authentication problem

"-[ERROR] SMO-05075: Profile create failed: SMO-13504: Verify operation failed. Errors: [Oracle error is: ORACLE-00001: Error executing SQL: [].  The command returned: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges. Verify that the SnapManager Windows service is set up to run as a user with the correct privileges and that the user is included in the ORA_DBA group.  ]"

the verification for the sys account passes, as does the other snapdrive pre-reqs.

the snap manager service account is in the domain admins group and also in the ora_db local group and has admin rights to the filer. as far as I am aware this is all it needs.

Help needed please!!!

Thanks again Darren

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Snap Manager For Oracle Privileges issue

akhare

Please refer 69642.1 oracle note for this issue.

Regards

Arvind

vrishali

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES parameter from file SQLNET.ORA is need to be set to NTS for OS Authentication

Please refer to Oracle Metalink DocID: 730067.1 ("Troubleshooting ORA-1031 Insufficient Privilege") for possible issues.

Thanks,

Vrishali

dfranklin

You are a star, this fixed it, couldnt find any information about this in the SMO install guide which isnt very useful

Darren

Earn Rewards for Your Review!
GPI Review Banner
All Community Forums
Public