Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCenter 3.0 installation MySql server down

Spaceball

Hi,

I'm new at SnapCenter and so I installed SnapCenter 3.0 on a brand new installed windows 2012 R2 Server.

Before I start, I installed Java and -as far as I know- fullfilled all system-requirements.

All SnapCenter installation steps went fine, no errors, no complains.

After SnapCenter installation was finished I followed the given link to loginto the SnapCenter Server,
put in the domain\user and password and press "sign In"

Now i got the error Message 

"SnapCenter repository is not accessible. The MySQL server mytestlabserver could be down. Bring up the MySQL server."

I'm neither a windows 2012 nor a MySql expert, can someone quide me ho to ensure that all is running fine?

If not all is fine, where can I see whats wrong? I'm not even sure to know how to stop/start the sql-server itselfe...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matte

is this a complete new installation of snapcenter and mysql or you already have mysql installed?

did you specify a valid mysql password during the SC installation? (please avoid special char like " in it)

check also if the myslq service is up and running

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

matte

Check if mysql is really down or not, maybe the error you get is not "true"

to to that open a command prompt and run

mysql -u root -p

then insert the root password and check if you get some error here

Spaceball

Here's the result:

c:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin>mysql -u root -p 

Enter password: *******

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

matte

is this a complete new installation of snapcenter and mysql or you already have mysql installed?

did you specify a valid mysql password during the SC installation? (please avoid special char like " in it)

check also if the myslq service is up and running

Spaceball

It was in fact a password issue. I was sure that I've chosen a valid password but i failed. I deinstalled and installed all again, took a new password an all went fine. Thank's for supporting me.

Public