Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

SnapCenter 3.0 installation MySql server down

Spaceball

Hi,

I'm new at SnapCenter and so I installed SnapCenter 3.0 on a brand new installed windows 2012 R2 Server.

Before I start, I installed Java and -as far as I know- fullfilled all system-requirements.

All SnapCenter installation steps went fine, no errors, no complains.

After SnapCenter installation was finished I followed the given link to loginto the SnapCenter Server,
put in the domain\user and password and press "sign In"

Now i got the error Message 

"SnapCenter repository is not accessible. The MySQL server mytestlabserver could be down. Bring up the MySQL server."

I'm neither a windows 2012 nor a MySql expert, can someone quide me ho to ensure that all is running fine?

If not all is fine, where can I see whats wrong? I'm not even sure to know how to stop/start the sql-server itselfe...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matte

is this a complete new installation of snapcenter and mysql or you already have mysql installed?

did you specify a valid mysql password during the SC installation? (please avoid special char like " in it)

check also if the myslq service is up and running

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

matte

Check if mysql is really down or not, maybe the error you get is not "true"

to to that open a command prompt and run

mysql -u root -p

then insert the root password and check if you get some error here

Spaceball

Here's the result:

c:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin>mysql -u root -p 

Enter password: *******

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

matte

is this a complete new installation of snapcenter and mysql or you already have mysql installed?

did you specify a valid mysql password during the SC installation? (please avoid special char like " in it)

check also if the myslq service is up and running

View solution in original post

Spaceball

It was in fact a password issue. I was sure that I've chosen a valid password but i failed. I deinstalled and installed all again, took a new password an all went fine. Thank's for supporting me.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public