Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCenter 4.1 and vCenter 6.7

brauntisc

Hi All

Has someone an running Environment with Snapcenter 4.1 and vCenter 6.7 (Flash Client not HTML5 Client).

I know vCenter 6.7 gets supported with SnapCenter 4.2 (incl. HTML5 Client Support), but theoretically could

Snapcenter 4.1 works with vCenter 6.7 Flash Client.   That's why I'm asking for it here in the community.

TIA for your help

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matte

Hi

SC 4.1.1 is focused on supporting vSphere 6.7 and will supoport vCenter Flash/ Flex client only and not HTML 5 based client.

It shoudl be availble in December but this only and indication..

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

pranjith

vCenter 6.7 wont work with Snapcenter 4.1 with Flash client as well.

Please wait till next 4.1 patch that will be having Flash client support for vCenter 6.7.

brauntisc

Hi

Thanks for your answer.. This means "Flash client support for vCenter 6.7" comes with SC 4.1P3? This would be great.

Can you say when this P3 comes out (approximately)?

regards

Thomas

pranjith

most probably with 4.1.1

brauntisc

Can you announce the approximate date?

matte

Hi

SC 4.1.1 is focused on supporting vSphere 6.7 and will supoport vCenter Flash/ Flex client only and not HTML 5 based client.

It shoudl be availble in December but this only and indication..

brauntisc

Thanks for all your answers

regards

Thomas

Trisco

Has there been any movement in support 6.7 update 1 (HTML client)? Is 4.2 coming any time soon? I feel like it has blown past its tenative date? Really struggling waiting here to upgrade vCenter. Thanks!

Automattic

Snapcenter 4.1.1 supports vcenter 6.7 HTML client. this came out in january along with Ontap 9.5 with fully 6.7 support on HTML.

pranjith

Snapcenter SCV 4.2 will support vsphere webclient with HTML and its in progress .  HTML is not supprted  with 4.1.1. 

Trisco

Any idea on release date? I read it was slated for Q1 (sometime in January, and then early February). Would love to know how long we have to stay on 6.5U2 / 6.7.

LLantz

I'm looking for an update on this as well as its kind of a lynchpin on when we move forward with a rather large project.  Any release timeframe?

jazz359

I'm in the same boat with this as well.  Major infrastructure projects for our organization are being held up by our needing to be able to implement vSphere 6.7 u1, and we cannot upgrade due to not having full HTML5 client plugin support for both SnapCenter and VSC.

Any information regarding an ETA would be beyond helpful at this point!!

Public