Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCenter Plugin for MySQL failing to authenticate

borismekler

I'm running SnapCenter 4.3.1 with MySQL plugin 2.0. Setting up two servers, both CentOS 7.8 with MySQL CE 8.0 set to store their data in a folder mounted off a filer using NFSv4. One is working, but the other is throwing me this error when I try to unlock the instance:

• Failed - SCC-00175: Auto Complete Discovery for plug-in [MySQL] failed with error [ Fatal error: Failed to authenticate all MySQL instances. '] and exit code [1]. Exiting.

I found this KB article: https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/article?lang=en&type=solution&page=%2FAdvice_and_Troubleshooting%2FData_Protection_and_Security%2FSnapCenter%2FSnapC...

However, when I drop the user and re-add it using the referenced commands, I get a number of errors:

mysql> CREATE USER 'snapcenter'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY '<plaintextpassword>';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'snapcenter'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION;

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'snapcenter'@'localhost';
ERROR 1410 (42000): You are not allowed to create a user with GRANT
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'snapcenter'@'%';

mysql> ALTER USER 'snapcenter'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY '<plaintextpassword>';
ERROR 1396 (HY000): Operation ALTER USER failed for 'snapcenter'@'localhost'
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

I'm not very familiar with MySQL, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

borismekler

Sorry, I forgot to update the thread - since both servers are no with no data in them, one is working and the other is not, I just copied the entire data folder from the one that's working to the one that didn't, and after that, MySQL plugin connected successfully. I will try the solutions offered if I run into this problem again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

hmoubara

Hello,

Starting with MySQL 8 you no longer can (implicitly) create a user using the GRANT command; At the end of the GRANT command, add the WITH GRANT OPTION at the end of it.

Thanks 

pranjith

Hi,

Can you check the location of mysql datafiles using:

select @@datadir;;

and make sure these files are in netapp ontap volumes.

pranjith

For the resource group,please make sure you add resource settings with key value pair for:

HOST localhost
PORT 3306
MASTER_SLAVE NO

borismekler

Sorry, I forgot to update the thread - since both servers are no with no data in them, one is working and the other is not, I just copied the entire data folder from the one that's working to the one that didn't, and after that, MySQL plugin connected successfully. I will try the solutions offered if I run into this problem again.

Public