Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

SnapCenter Plugin for Windows and Vcenter Credentials

NEPLUSULTRA

Hi another question

I have a venter which is not part of the domain. Snapdrive is currently using a credential that i created on vcenter.

If i'm reading this documentation correct (https://docs.netapp.com/ocsc-44/topic/com.netapp.doc.ocsc-ag/GUID-51A662FF-9291-48DA-A3F1-84CDBB51AAEB.html?cp=2_1_13_0_0)  SnapCenter only supports Windows credentials and i will need to add vcenter to my domain and then assign the windows credentials the necessary permissions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mrahul

SnapCenter Plugin for Windows can be installed on a windows server which can be either in WORKGROUP or a DOMAIN.

If it is a Windows Clustered server, the 'Run As' credentials that you use for adding your host to SnapCenter server will be the domain user credentials.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mrahul

SnapCenter Plugin for Windows can be installed on a windows server which can be either in WORKGROUP or a DOMAIN.

If it is a Windows Clustered server, the 'Run As' credentials that you use for adding your host to SnapCenter server will be the domain user credentials.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public