Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCenter multiple PlugIn

Federico

Hi all

I have 1 SnapCenter 4.1 server and I would like to have only 1 server to protect my vCenter and the SnapCenter Repository but if I install Windows Plugin (on the SnapCenter server ) for SnapCenter Reposistory backup I can not install the vCenter Plugin on the same host (SnapCenter server)  and vice-versa

Any idea?

Regards

Federico

5 REPLIES 5

matte

Hi

how are you trying to install the plugins?

To install the SCV plugin on the SC server it is reccomend to use the SnapCenter add host wizard or via PS cmdlet.

If that is not possilbe i think you can check and share the installation logs to see what happen

Federico

Hello

I have already installed "SnapCenter Plug-ins Package 4.1 for Windows" on the SnapCenter server to protect its repository and when I try to install also the "SnapCenter Plug-ins Package 4.1 for vSphere" on the same host (SnapCenter server) a message say: "The host XXX already exists"

matte

If you install the Plug-in for VMware vSphere on the SnapCenter Server host, the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft Windows is automatically installed to support SnapCenter repository backup operations using PowerShell cmdlets. You cannot use any other features of this instance of the Plug-in for Windows

Federico

Hello

so if I uninstall the "SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft Windows" and install the "SnapCenter Plug-in for VMware vSphere" I will be able to manage the backup of my vCenter and the backup of SnapCenter repository with one "host" (the SnapCenter server)... correct?

Regards

matte

Correct! if this is a clean new installation i suggest you to remove the host from the SC gui (this will remove the installed plugins) and then intall the SCV plugin

Public