Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCenter plugin modifies Windows hostfile

kombayn

Hello

We deployed SnapCenter solution in our environment and lately, security scan has alerted that Windows machines host files has been modified. I've checked them and I can see that vservers management LIFs are added there. For me it's clear that SC plugin for Windows done that change - but can someone confirm if this is normal behavior and also observed such thing?

4 REPLIES 4

hmoubara

Hello,

Can you verify which Snapcenter version you using ? Also, the host file being modified is the one for host where the snapcenter server is installed or the host where the plugin is being installed?

Thanks

kombayn

I'm using SnapCenter 4.3.1 P2 - the question is about host where the plugin is installed.

kombayn

Hello guys. Could someone check on his hosts with SnapCenter plugin installed, if the Windows host file contains SVM entries?

Spaceball

neither the SnapCenter agent rollout  nor any plugin-rollout edit the host file on their own. Neither on the server nor on the client. If You're using local (hosts file based) name resolution, either You (or some kind of your system administrators automated procedures) have to do this separately.

Public