Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCenter restore from the SnapVault secondary

chinchillaking

Hi,

Setting as below:

- primary filer 9.5, DR site secondary filer 9.5 with SnapVault protection without schedule

- WIN1 (Windows 2012) iSCSI access primary filer LUN only

- SnapCenter 4.3.1P2 backup host WIN1 and update SnapVault after creating a local Snapshot copy without problem

Restore from Local copies Snapshot no problem, but when select Secondary Vault Backup and restore, restore failed with "Failed to mount the Snapshot copy from the SnapVault secondary".

Best regards,

Chung

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mrahul

Clone operation also requires a mount step. So ideally if your 'clone from secondary' is passing then even mount step in 'Restore' workflow too should be going through without any issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

mrahul

Please check that your host is having iSCSI connection to the secondary SVM.

If the connection is not established,  mapping  and mounting of the flexclone will fail.

chinchillaking

Hello,

I suspect ISCSI connect problem, I test in my simulator lab, Win1 ISCSI could reach primary and secondary filer.

When use clone with secondary backup, no problem. But failed when restore.

Best regards,

Chung

mrahul

Clone operation also requires a mount step. So ideally if your 'clone from secondary' is passing then even mount step in 'Restore' workflow too should be going through without any issue.

chinchillaking

Hello,

As I mention before, Win1 access primary filer LUN only. When SnapCenter restore from secondary filer and it was failed and it was tested in my simulator too.

I ddi not accept the solution. If don't belief, please test in your lab.

Best regards,

Chung

mrahul

Both clone and restore from secondary copies are workings fine in our testbeds.

chinchillaking

Hello,

Are you use SnapCenter restore? Same as below version and environment?

- primary filer 9.5, DR site secondary filer 9.5 with SnapVault protection without schedule

- WIN1 (Windows 2012) iSCSI initiator reach primary filer with LUN present

- WIN1 (Windows 2012) iSCSI initiator reach secondary filer only

- SnapCenter 4.3.1P2

Sorry for double confirm, because the restore problem occured in customer site and my simulator.

Best regards,

Chung

AlexDawson

Hi there,

We have received your feedback that the solution marked as accepted did not resolve the issue proposed. Based on our experience, this likely means a local configuration issue or other error. In this case, as interactive troubleshooting may be required, I would suggest that you or your customer open a support ticket with our team via https://www.netapp.com/company/contact-us/support/

Thanks!

Public