Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

SnapCreator 3.2 Upcoming Feature Set

ktenzer

GUI

• Data Management - snapshot. volume, clone information
  • Config files are built using default.conf as template (ordering and comments are preserved)
  • Pre/Post Commands (not all but ones for app quiesce/unquiesce, pre_exit, and snapdrive cmds)
  • Configuration Pane re-worked using categories you can toggle on or off
  • Language Support (german, spanish, and portuguese)

CORE

• Client/Server (our binary now can run optionally as agent meaning cmds/scripts and our App Integration modules can run remotely)

ie: snapcreator --start-agent <port>

• Global Configuration files (under /configs or /configs/<profile> you can create a global.conf which many configs can share)
  • Handle only certain qtrees within a volume for snapvault QTREE_INCLUDE_LIST
  • Database password encryption

ORACLE

• ARCHIVE_LOG_ONLY option for improving archive log handling
  • RAC integration, detect if DB is a RAC DB and if so perform "archive log current" instead of "archive log switch"
  • Auto Discovery, NFS only (SnapCreator will check and make sure that what we are backing up is what we are supposed to backup for given oracle DB)

DB2

• Auto Discovery, NFS only (SnapCreator will check and make sure that what we are backing up is what we are supposed to backup for given db2 DB)
  • Cloning

MAXDB

• Auto Discovery, NFS only (SnapCreator will check and make sure that what we are backing up is what we are supposed to backup for given maxdb DB)
  • Cloning

POSTGRESSQL

• New App Integration module
1 REPLY 1

dcornely1

I was just about to make a feature request that we be able to specifiy specific qtrees for snapvaulting within a given volume and I see that this will be part of v3.2.

Heck yeah!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public