Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCreator 3.3.0 w/ DB2 - ERROR: snapshot-unique-id must be specified in version-member-info

Taylor_Riggan

I'm currently running an environment with SnapCreator 3.3.0 in order to backup three different DB2 servers.  SC Server is installed and running on a Windows 2008 R2 VM along with DFM 4.1 and a few other tools.  The SC Agents are installed on three Windows 2003 x64 SP2 machines running a combintation of DB2 9.x and 8.x.

On occasion (not every night and with no explainable pattern), we are seeing the following error for some of the volumes:

ERROR: snapshot-unique-id must be specified in version-member-info. (code = 13001)

SnapCreator is configured to take snapshots using SnapDrive installed on each of the DB2 servers (version 6.3).

Attached are the three configurations and a few reports showing the errors.

Re-running the schedules manually seems to fix the issue and the backup job then succeeds.

On another note, the SnapCreator configurations for these three DB2 servers is configured to work with Protection Manager.  (not sure if this really applies to this error or not, just thought I would include that tid-bit).

Any ideas why we're seeing this error?  Has anyone else seen this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ktenzer

Ok This all looks good, you configured everything correctly.

I was not able to reproduce this issue but I also don't have Snap Drive so I am thinking it has something to do with that, here are some things to try:

One thing where we have seen some issue is _recent with PM, we recommend not using _recent instead using timestamp

SNAP_TIMESTAMP_ONLY=Y

Since you are using Snap Drive you also need to change the snap from "%SNAME-%SNAP_TYPE_recent" to "%SNAME-%SNAP_TYPE-%SNAP_TIME"

I also had a look internally and the only explanation for this problem is that SC is not seeing the snapshot sometimes created by Snap Drive. We basically look for snapshot per volume and if we find it the snapshot-unique-id gets added. It may be that the Snap Drive snapshot is returning but for some reason ontap isnt displaying newly created snapshot when we do a list. This is a theory but I would recommend adding a sleep to last NTAP_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_CMD. On windows there is no sleep but what you can do is this:

NTAP_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_CMD06=ping -n 30 localhost

Make sure you add ping to the agent.conf otherwise it wont be allowed

Please let us know if these tips help?

If these tips do not help then please open an NGS support case as we probably need to make some code optimizations for Snap Drive.

Thanks!

Keith

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

oommen

From the initial analysis, seems it is bumping in PM. We will let you know soon.

Bobby.

Taylor_Riggan

I must have attached older configuration files.  This is actually what I have listed as the PM config for each of these SC configurations:

##################################
### Protection Manager Options ###
NTAP_PM_UPDATE=Y
NTAP_DFM_DATA_SET=CDCFAS02:snapcreator_OLADB01/oladb01_q,oladb01_r,oladb01_s,oladb01_t
NTAP_PM_RUN_BACKUP=Y

NTAP_PM_UPDATE=Y
NTAP_DFM_DATA_SET=CDCFAS02:snapcreator_CDCTOPS1/cdctops1_g,cdctops1_h,cdctops1_i,cdctops1_j,cdctops1_k
NTAP_PM_RUN_BACKUP=Y

NTAP_PM_UPDATE=Y
NTAP_DFM_DATA_SET=CDCFAS02:snapcreator_CDCOLA2/cdcola2_k,cdcola2_l,cdcola2_n,cdcola2_q,cdcola2_r
NTAP_PM_RUN_BACKUP=Y

I'm not entirely sure if this is a software issue (bug) or a misconfiguration issue.  Just trying to see if anyone else has experienced this same issue and what they may have done to resolve it.  As I stated before, the issue is intermittent.  It occurs about once a week on average (at different times/days).

Thanks for your help.

ktenzer

Ok I see the issue the version-id is missing form some of the version members

<dp-backup-version-create>
    <backup-description>NetApp Snap Creator Framework Backup</backup-description>
    <dataset-name-or-id>snapcreator_OLADB01</dataset-name-or-id>
    <retention-type>daily</retention-type>
    <version-timestamp>1302649248</version-timestamp>
    <version-members>
        <version-member-info>
            <snapshot-name>oladb01-daily_recent</snapshot-name>
            <snapshot-contents>
                <snapshot-member-info>
                    <primary-name>CDCFAS02:/oladb01_q/-</primary-name>
                </snapshot-member-info>
                <snapshot-member-info>
                    <primary-name>CDCFAS02:/oladb01_q/q0</primary-name>
                </snapshot-member-info>
            </snapshot-contents>
            <volume-name>CDCFAS02:/oladb01_q</volume-name>
        </version-member-info>
        <version-member-info>
            <snapshot-contents>
                <snapshot-member-info>
                    <primary-name>CDCFAS02:/oladb01_r/q0</primary-name>
                </snapshot-member-info>
                <snapshot-member-info>
                    <primary-name>CDCFAS02:/oladb01_r/-</primary-name>
                </snapshot-member-info>
            </snapshot-contents>
            <volume-name>CDCFAS02:/oladb01_r</volume-name>
        </version-member-info>
        <version-member-info>
            <snapshot-unique-id>1302649243</snapshot-unique-id>
            <snapshot-contents>
                <snapshot-member-info>
                    <primary-name>CDCFAS02:/oladb01_s/q0</primary-name>
                </snapshot-member-info>
                <snapshot-member-info>
                    <primary-name>CDCFAS02:/oladb01_s/-</primary-name>
                </snapshot-member-info>
            </snapshot-contents>
            <volume-name>CDCFAS02:/oladb01_s</volume-name>
        </version-member-info>
        <version-member-info>
            <snapshot-unique-id>1302649248</snapshot-unique-id>
            <snapshot-contents>
                <snapshot-member-info>
                    <primary-name>CDCFAS02:/oladb01_t/-</primary-name>
                </snapshot-member-info>
                <snapshot-member-info>
                    <primary-name>CDCFAS02:/oladb01_t/q0</primary-name>
                </snapshot-member-info>
            </snapshot-contents>
            <volume-name>CDCFAS02:/oladb01_t</volume-name>
        </version-member-info>
    </version-members>
</dp-backup-version-create>

<snapshot-unique-id>1302649243</snapshot-unique-id> isn't in all of the version members...the question is why? Since SC is formulating API I would say it is probably an SC issue. I recommend openening a support case for this, as it seems like it could be a bug.

Can you share protection manager dataset configuration?

Keith

Taylor_Riggan

Here are the dataset configurations for each of these.  They are using a protection policy that does a VSM and then SnapVault:

C:\Users\contractor>dfpm dataset list -x snapcreator_CDCOLA2
Id:                              6639
Name:                            snapcreator_CDCOLA2
Policy:                          SnapCreator for DB2 Mirror, then Backup
Description:                     NetApp Snap Creator Framework dataset
Owner:
Volume Qtree Name Prefix:
DR Capable:                      No
Application:                     NetApp Snap Creator Framework
Version:                         NetApp Snap Creator Framework 3.3.0
Server:                          snapcreator
Requires Non Disruptive Restore: No

Node details:

Node Name:           Primary data
   Resource Pools:
   Provisioning Policy:
   Time Zone:
   DR Capable:          No
   vFiler:

Node Name:           Mirror
   Resource Pools:
   Provisioning Policy:
   Time Zone:
   vFiler:

Node Name:           Backup
   Resource Pools:
   Provisioning Policy:
   Time Zone:
   vFiler:

C:\Users\contractor>dfpm dataset list -m snapcreator_CDCOLA2
Id         Node Name            Dataset Id Dataset Name         Type            Name

---------- -------------------- ---------- -------------------- --------------- ----------------------------------------
---------------
      4988 Primary data               6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdcola2_k/-
      4989 Primary data               6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdcola2_l/-
      4990 Primary data               6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdcola2_n/-
      5013 Primary data               6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdcola2_q/-
      5014 Primary data               6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdcola2_r/-
      5045 Primary data               6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdcola2_k/q0
      5046 Primary data               6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdcola2_l/q0
      5047 Primary data               6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdcola2_n/q0
      5048 Primary data               6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdcola2_q/q0
      5049 Primary data               6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdcola2_r/q0
      6171 Mirror                     6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  volume          ATLFAS02:/cdcola2_k
      6174 Mirror                     6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  volume          ATLFAS02:/cdcola2_l
      6176 Mirror                     6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  volume          ATLFAS02:/cdcola2_n
      6178 Mirror                     6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  volume          ATLFAS02:/cdcola2_q
      6180 Mirror                     6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  volume          ATLFAS02:/cdcola2_r
      6504 Backup                     6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  volume          ATLFAS02:/cdcola2_q_sv
      6506 Backup                     6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  volume          ATLFAS02:/cdcola2_k_sv
      7087 Backup                     6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  volume          ATLFAS02:/cdcola2_l_sv
      7089 Backup                     6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  volume          ATLFAS02:/cdcola2_r_sv
      7093 Backup                     6639 snapcreator_CDCOLA2  volume          ATLFAS02:/cdcola2_n_sv

C:\Users\contractor>dfpm dataset list -x snapcreator_OLADB01
Id:                              6641
Name:                            snapcreator_OLADB01
Owner:

Node details:

Resource Pools:
   Provisioning Policy:
   Time Zone:
   vFiler:

Resource Pools:
   Provisioning Policy:
   Time Zone:
   vFiler:

Resource Pools:
   Provisioning Policy:
   Time Zone:
   vFiler:

C:\Users\contractor>dfpm dataset list -m snapcreator_OLADB01
Id         Node Name            Dataset Id Dataset Name         Type            Name

---------- -------------------- ---------- -------------------- --------------- ----------------------------------------
---------------
      5015 Primary data               6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  qtree           CDCFAS02:/oladb01_q/-
      5016 Primary data               6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  qtree           CDCFAS02:/oladb01_r/-
      5017 Primary data               6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  qtree           CDCFAS02:/oladb01_s/-
      5018 Primary data               6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  qtree           CDCFAS02:/oladb01_t/-
      5050 Primary data               6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  qtree           CDCFAS02:/oladb01_q/q0
      5051 Primary data               6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  qtree           CDCFAS02:/oladb01_r/q0
      5052 Primary data               6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  qtree           CDCFAS02:/oladb01_s/q0
      5053 Primary data               6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  qtree           CDCFAS02:/oladb01_t/q0
      6122 Mirror                     6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  volume          ATLFAS02:/oladb01_r
      6124 Mirror                     6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  volume          ATLFAS02:/oladb01_s
      6126 Mirror                     6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  volume          ATLFAS02:/oladb01_t
      7781 Mirror                     6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  volume          ATLFAS02:/oladb01_q
      7115 Backup                     6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  volume          ATLFAS02:/oladb01_t_sv
      7117 Backup                     6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  volume          ATLFAS02:/oladb01_r_sv
      7119 Backup                     6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  volume          ATLFAS02:/oladb01_s_sv
      7833 Backup                     6641 snapcreator_OLADB01  volume          ATLFAS02:/oladb01_q_sv

C:\Users\contractor>dfpm dataset list -x snapcreator_CDCTOPS1
Id:                              6735
Name:                            snapcreator_CDCTOPS1
Owner:

Node details:

Resource Pools:
   Provisioning Policy:
   Time Zone:
   vFiler:

Resource Pools:
   Provisioning Policy:
   Time Zone:
   vFiler:

Resource Pools:
   Provisioning Policy:
   Time Zone:
   vFiler:

C:\Users\contractor>dfpm dataset list -m snapcreator_CDCTOPS1

---------------
      5054 Primary data               6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdctops1_g/q0
      5055 Primary data               6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdctops1_h/q0
      5056 Primary data               6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdctops1_i/q0
      5057 Primary data               6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdctops1_j/q0
      5058 Primary data               6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdctops1_k/q0
      5030 Primary data               6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdctops1_g/-
      5031 Primary data               6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdctops1_h/-
      5032 Primary data               6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdctops1_i/-
      5033 Primary data               6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdctops1_j/-
      5034 Primary data               6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 qtree           CDCFAS02:/cdctops1_k/-
      6193 Mirror                     6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 volume          ATLFAS02:/cdctops1_g
      6195 Mirror                     6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 volume          ATLFAS02:/cdctops1_h
      6197 Mirror                     6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 volume          ATLFAS02:/cdctops1_i
      6199 Mirror                     6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 volume          ATLFAS02:/cdctops1_j
      6201 Mirror                     6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 volume          ATLFAS02:/cdctops1_k
      6362 Backup                     6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 volume          ATLFAS02:/cdctops1_g_sv
      6368 Backup                     6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 volume          ATLFAS02:/cdctops1_k_sv
      6372 Backup                     6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 volume          ATLFAS02:/cdctops1_j_sv
      6374 Backup                     6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 volume          ATLFAS02:/cdctops1_i_sv
      6380 Backup                     6735 snapcreator_CDCTOPS1 volume          ATLFAS02:/cdctops1_h_sv

ktenzer

Ok This all looks good, you configured everything correctly.

I was not able to reproduce this issue but I also don't have Snap Drive so I am thinking it has something to do with that, here are some things to try:

One thing where we have seen some issue is _recent with PM, we recommend not using _recent instead using timestamp

SNAP_TIMESTAMP_ONLY=Y

Since you are using Snap Drive you also need to change the snap from "%SNAME-%SNAP_TYPE_recent" to "%SNAME-%SNAP_TYPE-%SNAP_TIME"

I also had a look internally and the only explanation for this problem is that SC is not seeing the snapshot sometimes created by Snap Drive. We basically look for snapshot per volume and if we find it the snapshot-unique-id gets added. It may be that the Snap Drive snapshot is returning but for some reason ontap isnt displaying newly created snapshot when we do a list. This is a theory but I would recommend adding a sleep to last NTAP_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_CMD. On windows there is no sleep but what you can do is this:

NTAP_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_CMD06=ping -n 30 localhost

Make sure you add ping to the agent.conf otherwise it wont be allowed

Please let us know if these tips help?

If these tips do not help then please open an NGS support case as we probably need to make some code optimizations for Snap Drive.

Thanks!

Keith

Taylor_Riggan

Keith,

Thanks so much for your help with this.

I made the changes and everything seems to be working fine for now.  Only time will tell whether or not this is the final solution.  I get the gist that the _recent tag I was using with the SnapDrive snapshots was the cause to a lot of my problems.

Instead of using the ping command as a NTAP_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_CMD, I decided it might be better to do this as a  POST_APP_UNQUIESCE_CMD.  The snapshot command occurs while the databases are in a write suspend mode.  I'd rather not keep them in a write suspend mode any longer than they need to be.  I'm assuming that the delay just needs to occur before SnapCreator sends the Backup Set to Protection Manager?  If so, the post app quiesce command should accomplish this same thing, correct?

Thanks again for your help.  I'll let you know if this doesn't resolve the issue.

ktenzer

No problem happy to help, I hope this fix provides a long-term solution.

Using POST_APP_UNQUIESCE_CMD for the sleep is fine it just needs to happen before SC registers the snapshot with PM.

Have a great easter holiday!

Keith

ktenzer

This error occurs when you have a misconfiguration between SC and PM. It means SC is not able to register the snapshot it took in PM because it didn't find any valid volumes.

The config CDCOLA2 for example has this:

NTAP_PM_UPDATE=Y
NTAP_DFM_DATA_SET=

This basically tells SC to do a PM update however you failed to set NTAP_DFM_DATA_SET which we require, the result I would excpect is the error you are seeing. This should be reproducable 100%. If you aren't wanting to use PM integration change to NTAP_PM_UPDATE=N and you wont see this error.

If you are trying to setup PM w/SC you should follow below procedure:

1. snapcreator.exe --profile CDCOLA2 --action pmsetup --verbose

This will create a blank dataset in PM which should be called snapcreator_CDCOLA2

2. Update PM parameters

NTAP_PM_UPDATE=Y

NTAP_DFM_DATA_SET=cdcfas02:snapcreator_CDCOLA2/cdcola2_k,cdcola2_l,cdcola2_n,cdcola2_q,cdcola2_r

The format here is <filer>:<dataset>/<vol>,<vol>,<vol>

3. Login into PM netapp management console and configure dataset

Dataset is blank so you need to first add a protection policy

Then you can either choose to manually import relationships (this is what I do) or use PM to provision secondary.

Once your dataset has primary/secondary defined and scheduler setup (you can also not do scheduling in PM and use option NTAP_PM_RUN_BACKUP=Y to force SC to kick-off PM job for you) your dataset should say Conforment. SC will check this and if it isnt conforment you get error.

4. Run SC and now it should register snaps succssfully in PM

snapcreator.exe --profile CDCOLA2 --action snap --policy <policy> --verbose

Let us know if this info helps?

Also if you feel this is a problem with the software itself and not a configuration issue then I would strongly open an NGS case so that the issue can be escalated to engineering if need be.

Regards,

Keith

michaeldparker

Hi Keith,

Tayor had actually been setting this up for our environment a few months ago.  Due to some prolem, I have had to tear some of this down and re-create from scratch.  Since I was having to set this up again, I decided to upgrade SC to 3.4.  My job for OLADB01 runs perfect, but the one I have set up for CDCTOPS1 is failing with this error: ERROR: snapshot-unique-id must be specified in version-member-info. (code = 13001).  This is the same error we used to get intermittently.  To troubleshoot, I have deleted the dataset and re-created following your steps from above.  I am using the same config file from SC 3.3 with the only changes added are lines that the doc states need to be added for 3.4.  I receive this error 100% and I do not see any jobs kicked off in protection manager.  Any thoughts on where I messed up perhaps?

Thanks

Mike

ktenzer

Ok so everything was working with CDCTOPS1 and now after re-building it isn't? Did you change the volume names on secondary storage or on primary as part of this re-building?

What are these options set to in CDCTOPS1 config?

NTAP_PM_UPDATE=
NTAP_DFM_DATA_SET=
NTAP_PM_RUN_BACKUP=

As I mentioed earlier in this thread, error happens when NTAP_DFM_DATA_SET isn't set or is not set correctly. Also make sure you are creating dataset through Snap Creator: snapcreator --profile <profile> --action pmsetup

You can also run an SC 3.3.0 config in SC 3.4.0 so you don't have to update config file, maybe try original file.

Regards,

Keith

michaeldparker

Hi Keith,

Here is the entire sequence of events:

Support recommended that I destroy my primary luns and move the data to new luns as my old were not disk aligned and we're having perf. issues.  So, I destroyed the old volumes at our primary site and DR since I knew I'd have to re-create the mirrors.  I deleted the dataset as well.  Manually created all relationships with all luns having the same names.  After this was establied, I copied the old 3.3 config file, added the 4 or so lines for 3.4 compatibility according to the sc install guide.  After all that, I followed your steps 1 -4 from above create the dataset, manually import the relationships, etc.  Here is the information you requested:

NTAP_PM_UPDATE=Y

NTAP_DFM_DATA_SET=CDCFAS02:snapcreator_CDCTOPS1/cdctops1_g,cdctops1_h,cdctops1_i,cdctops1_j,cdctops1_k

NTAP_PM_RUN_BACKUP=Y

These are the lines I added to the bottom of the file.  These are the same lines I added to OLADB and it works.  For OLADB though, I did not delete the original dataset.

CONFIG_TYPE - PLUGIN|STANDARD

USE_PROXY - (Y|N)

NTAP_CONSISTENCY_GROUP_WAFL_SYNC - (Y|N)

NTAP_SNAPSHOT_RESTORE_AUTO_DETECT - (Y|N)

MOUNT_CMD<##>

UMOUNT<##>

APP_DEFINED_CLONE - (Y|N)

Thanks for the help.

Mike

michaeldparker

Keith,

For your reference, I am also attaching my log file and my configuration file.  Thanks

ktenzer

Hi,

I see one problem in SnapDrive command

C:/Program Files/NetApp/SnapDrive/sdcli" snap create -m cdctops1 -s cdctops1-daily-20110714085140 -D G: -u no

The snapshot naming convention should be <sname>-<policy>_<timestamp>

Please update config and change %SNAME-%SNAP_TYPE-%SNAP_TIME to %SNAME-%SNAP_TYPE_%SNAP_TIME in the SnapDrive commands. Also another issue you have multiple snapdrive commands? Can you try just using one snapdrive command. I think what is happening is the timestamps are getting out of sync causing this issue in PM. SnapDrive can snapshot more than one file system with the same CLI command.

Example: -D F: G: H: I:

Also please verify the following option is set correctly SNAP_TIMESTAMP_ONLY=Y if this is not set to Y you will see problems.

If Protection Manager continues to be a problem you can try using Snap Creator to do snapvault or snapmirror on it's own without PM, however if this is working for other configs then there must be something different here in the configuration causing issues so please compare and see what is different.

Another idea is you are backing up multiple databases at same time, do you really need to do this? It certainly adds a lot of complexity. Why not backup each database individually with separate configs.

Just some ideas

Keep us posted

Keith

michaeldparker

Keith,

Success!!  Sorry for the tardy reply ... I have looked over your suggestions and it looks like I'm in business.  I noticed that my one working job was set to create snapshots using this format: cdctops1-daily_20110714085140 (notice the first dash, but 2nd is underline).  So, I modified one of the non-workings to have the same format.  Immediately, it worked!  I am letting the job run to completion, then I'm going to try it with this format: cdctops1_daily_20110714085140 and using only one snap command so that 1 line catches all the drives at once.  Hopefully that'll work nice as I think it'll simplify it a bit.

Now, a question I still have is this sentence:

Another idea is you are backing up multiple databases at same time, do you really need to do this? It certainly adds a lot of complexity. Why not backup each database individually with separate configs

If I do that, how would that look with the all drives sharing all databases?  Wouldn't I be keeping around a snap per a DB and wouldn't that be sorta confusing as well?  How necessary do you think it is that I implement this change?

Lastly, in the SC configuration files, I see that I can set the "Consistency group" option.  As I understand it, I would think I need to have that enabled, but the person who set this up originally did not.  Our testing showed that the backups were good, but I don't want to be in the position where maybe some are good and some aren't and it is because "Consistency group" is not on.  What is your take on this?

Thanks for the help. 

Mike

ktenzer

Hey Mike,

Great news!

As to question about backing up all DBs at once or individually. That is your call. If all DBs are sharing same luns well then it probably makes sense to back them up together. If you dont, SC will create 1 snap per db instead of 1 snap for all DBs otherwise no difference, just a lot more snapshots.

About CG option, since you are using snapdrive this doesnt apply. SnapDrive unix supports cg, I think you need to edit snapdrive config to enable it. SnapDrive windiws to my knowledge does not support CG. SC supports CG but only if you are not using SnapDrive and SC takes snapshot.

Since we are putting DBs into backup there shoukd be no need fir CG. The CG option is more about when you cant put DBs in backup mode.

Hope this helps

Keith

michaeldparker

Awesome!  All is good to go then.  I re-ran my job with one snap create cmd instead of one per drive.  Thanks for the additional information and the help.  It feels good to get this working again after banging my head for over a week!

Public