Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCreator 4.1 SnapVault Relation ignored

SVOLLRAT1

Hi Everybody

I just did a Test-Upgrade to SC 4.1p1 on my Productive Environment just to see that SnapVault Updates are not working anymore.

The Relations that worked flawless before are suddenly ignored.

Retried the same on 4.1.0 and had the same issue.

########## Running storage discovery ##########

STORAGE-02113: Retrieving SnapVault relationships

STORAGE-02114: Retrieving SnapVault relationships on controller [esctla0009] finished successfully

STORAGE-02110: Retrieving SnapVault status

STORAGE-02111: Retrieving SnapVault status on controller [esctla0010] finished successfully.

Ignoring the snapvault relation with source esctla0009-snapcom:/vol/v_cts_onedc001/data and destination esctla0010:/vol/esctla0009_v_cts_onedc001/data with source status snapvaulted

SCF-00019: SnapVault relationship for [esctla0009]:[v_cts_onedc001] does not exist, Exiting!

Task: storageDiscovery with config:CH_CT_Tests@CH_CT_FS_OneDC failed

The first thing that bugs me is that the fitting Relation is simply ignored, trying the same with 4.0 everything is updated fine.

The second and more concerning part is that nothing is done at all, not even a snapshot on the primary Volume.

Instead everything faults right at the start, unlike with 4.0 when it at least completed with exceptions.

Any suggestsions what may be wrong or what to set to get it working again

Thanks in advance

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SVOLLRAT1

Had to set up the Secondary-Interfaces Option to get it working.

Somehow SnapCreator 4.1 is not able to get the different Hostnames for the Filer-Interfaces so that they have to be defined manually.

This fixed it for me:

SECONDARY_INTERFACES=esctla0009:esctla0009-snapcom/esctla0010

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Public