Data Backup and Recovery

SnapDrive 6.1 Invalid Host License Error

philipmidcalf

Hi

I believe there is a bug in the install process of SnapDrive for Windows 6.1. If you select the host license and enter a valid key it says it is invalid and will not continue with the install. If you then select the filer license it will then install ok. Once installed I have found I can then add the host license using either the CLI or SnapDrive GUI.

Has anyone else found this?

Thanks

Philip

3 REPLIES 3

watan

This problem has not been seen by either the QA team nor the Engineering team.  If you are still experiencing this problem, can you please provide a OntapWinDC from this node?

philipmidcalf

Hi

Yes it is still a problem (well we have a valid work around by not using the key at install time), we implemented SnapDrive 6.0 when we first found the problem, I have then re-created the issue on a VM back in the office using SnapDrive 6.1 and tried the workaround. Therefore the attached OnTapWinDC output is from the VM. May be the issue is key specific so I will PM you the key I used and serial number?

The OnTapWinDC attachment is password protected as the logs contain live keys, I will PM you the password as well.

Thanks

Philip

watan

Hi Philip,

Got your PM and sent one right back at you.  I will have the dev team take a look and will post the results here.

Public