Data Backup and Recovery

SnapDrive for Windows - Drive Letter to LUN Mapping Config File?

clayton123

Is there a txt file or something that can be backed up that contains the LUN mapping info in SnapDrive for Windows, i.e., Drive letter to LUN path on filer etc? Like what is shown in the lower SnapDrive details panel in the GUI? I'd like to kep this backed up without having to copy it from the GUI.

Example:

Mount Point: E:\
Storage System Name: netapp2
LUN Path: /vol/central_db/central_db.lun
LUN Size: 100 GB
Volume Name: \\?\Volume{ec2cf423-a33d-4928-8ca8-3d706caafff9}\
Backed by Snapshot path:
SnapMirror: Yes
Disk Type: Mirrored Dedicated
Disk Serial Number: C5CBm4dHC08r
PartitionType: GPT
Restore Status: Normal
Description:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bobshouseofcards

SnapDrive doesn't maintain a text file or database containing the information you want.  Rather, if connects to the storage one demand and generates this data as needed comparing the current Windows LUN mounts to the current locations of the LUNs on storage.  Given you can move a LUN transparently at current levels of Data OnTap, the disk information needs to be dynamic.

You can list the current disk mapping and underlying detail easily to a text file using the SnapDrive CLI.

> sdcli disk list

for example and you could periodically run that and save it off to a text file for reference.  You may have to preface the command with path information depending on your Windows PATH variable setting:

> "C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapDrive\sdcli" disk list

assuming all default locations.  The SnapDrive command line is highly useful for automating common operations.

I hope this helps you.

Bob Greenwald

Lead Storage Engineer | Consilio, LLC

NCIE SAN Clustered, Data Protection

Kudos and accepted solutions are always appreciated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bobshouseofcards

SnapDrive doesn't maintain a text file or database containing the information you want.  Rather, if connects to the storage one demand and generates this data as needed comparing the current Windows LUN mounts to the current locations of the LUNs on storage.  Given you can move a LUN transparently at current levels of Data OnTap, the disk information needs to be dynamic.

You can list the current disk mapping and underlying detail easily to a text file using the SnapDrive CLI.

> sdcli disk list

for example and you could periodically run that and save it off to a text file for reference.  You may have to preface the command with path information depending on your Windows PATH variable setting:

> "C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapDrive\sdcli" disk list

assuming all default locations.  The SnapDrive command line is highly useful for automating common operations.

I hope this helps you.

Bob Greenwald

Lead Storage Engineer | Consilio, LLC

NCIE SAN Clustered, Data Protection

Kudos and accepted solutions are always appreciated.

clayton123

Thanks Bob. That's what I figured cosidering the mounts. I appreciate the reply.

Public