Data Backup and Recovery

SnapDrive snapshots with snapmirror label

Rapp

I need to get an application consistant snapshot of an RDM volume, which I am during by running the following script to take a weekly backup of the D drive on a server. The only problem with this is I don't seem to be able to apply a snapmirror label to the snapshot. I can't seem to find an option to do this using the sdcli commands.

sdcli snap create -s sd_weekly.0 -D d -u
sdcli snapvault archive -force -a sd_weekly_%DATE:~6,4%%DATE:~3,2%%DATE:~0,2% -DS d sd_weekly.0
sdcli snap delete -D d -s sd_weekly.1
sdcli snap rename -d d -o sd_weekly.0 -n sd_weekly.1

So I have written the following powershell script to apply a snapmirror label to the snapshot, which works but when I run the last command to return the results it doesn't do so.

Import-Module DataONTAP

Connect-NcController -name Filer1

$q = Get-NcSnapshot -Template

$q.Name = "sd_weekly.0"

$a = Get-NcSnapshot -Template

$a.SnapmirrorLabel = "Weekly"

Get-NcSnapshot -Volume server01_d -SnapName sd_weekly.0 | Update-NcSnapshot -Query $q -Attributes $a

Get-NcSnapshot -Volume server01_d -SnapName sd_weekly.0 | Select-Object Volume,SnapmirrorLabel

However if I run the following from putty on the filer1 it does show that it has updated the snapmirror label

snapshot show -vserver SVM01 -volume server01_d -fields snapmirror-label

Does anyone have any idea's on how I can get this to update correctly in powershell??

1 REPLY 1

grahame

Not sure if this will help a script i did years ago where before there was snapmirror integration in SME i highlighted the command in orange i was running to add the label

###########################################################################
### IMPORT NETAPP DATAONTAP TOOLKIT

if((Get-Module -Name "DataOntap") -eq $Null){
Import-Module -Name DataONTAP
Write-Host "Module DataONTAP imported"
}

### CONNECT TO Cluster vserver

### add password to file location can be whatever you want
$username = "vsadmin"
$password = convertto-securestring "netapp1" -AsPlainText -force
$cred = new-object -typename System.Management.Automation.PSCredential -argumentlist $username, $password
$Controller = "10.10.10.178"

Connect-NcController -Name $Controller -Credential $cred -HTTPS -Vserver sonetapp7

### PREDEFINED SNAPMIRROR LABEL

$SnapmirrorLabel = "EXCH_DAILY"

### GET VOLUME LIST EXCHANGE VOLUMES

$EXCH_Volumes = Get-NcVol | Where-Object {$_.Name -like "soexch*"}

for($i = 0;$i -lt $EXCH_Volumes.Length; $i++){

$UpdateSnapVault = $False
$VolumeSnapshot = Get-NcSnapshot -Volume $EXCH_Volumes[$i].Name | Where-Object {$_.Name -like "exchsnap*"} | sort descending

if(($VolumeSnapshot[0].Name -like "exchsnap*") -and ($VolumeSnapshot[0].SnapmirrorLabel -eq $Null) ){

$UpdateSnapVault = $True

Set-NcSnapshot -Vserver $EXCH_Volumes[$i].Vserver -Volume $EXCH_Volumes[$i].Name -Snapshot $VolumeSnapshot[0].Name -SnapmirrorLabel $SnapmirrorLabel

if($UpdateSnapVault -eq $True){

$SnapmirrorRelation = $Null
$SnapmirrorRelation = Get-NcSnapmirror -SourceVolume $EXCH_Volumes[$i].Name
Invoke-NcSnapmirrorUpdate -Source $SnapmirrorRelation.SourceLocation -Destination $SnapmirrorRelation.DestinationLocation

}

}

}

Public