Data Backup and Recovery

SnapManager SQL Job Scheduled with SQL Agent fails on cluster

DAIRYMILK

Hi all,

I've just installed SnapManager SQL 5.2 on Windows 2008 R2 with SQL 2008 R2 SP1 running in 2 node "active/active" cluster (one instance per node under normal operation)

It all works fine, I can do backups, remote verifications no problem.  However, whenever I try to schedule a job using a SQL Agent job, it fails.  I've used earlier versions of SnapManager with 2003 clusters and don't recall ever having this problem.  Either way, the error is as follows:

Details: new-backup cmdlet will exit as it is not running in the Active node: SRV-SQL-01. The current node: CLS-SQL-01. SQL Server: CLS-SQL-01\VSPHERE. SQL Instance: CLS-SQL-01\VSPHERE

SRV-SQL-01 is the physical node.  CLS-SQL-01 is the clustered instance.

The backup command is as follows:

"C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SQL Server\SmsqlJobLauncher.exe" new-backup  –svr 'CLS-SQL-01\VSPHERE'  -ClusterAware -ver  –verInst SQL-VER-01' -mp –mpdir 'C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SQL Server\SnapMgrMountPoint' -RetainBackupDays  5 -lb -bksif -RetainSnapofSnapInfoDays 5 -rudays 5 –mgmt standard

If I run this manually from a command prompt on the physical host SRV-SQL-01, it works.  When SQL Agent launches it, it fails with the error above.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

spat

If you have active/active or active/active/active cluster, at the end of the backup setup you need to select no for the dialog box and don’t let SMSQL add -clusteraware to the command.  This is the bug and we aware of it at this  point.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Public