Data Backup and Recovery

SnapProtect 10.0 SP6 - Clustered Data OnTAP 8.2.2 - Configuration of all SVM required?

jcbettinelli

Hello,

I've launched my first protection job on a new instance of SnapProtect 10 SP6.

This is a volume snapmirror protection job.

The error I'm getting is the following:

Error Code: [13:127] Description: Error occurred while processing chunk [2] in media [] for storage policy [DA_Tier1_Mirror/Vault] copy [Mirror]: . Source: s6594, Process: AuxCopyMgr Error Code: [25:37] Description: Error occurred while retrieving Control Host information for Array id [DR_iscsi_da_db] from database. Error Message = [Getting Control Host Info failed]. Destination filer name [DR_iscsi_da_db] returned by DataFabric Manager for newly created snapshot does not exist in the database. Please use Array Management screen to save informaton about all the filers which are part of DataFabric Manager Resource Pools used by copy id [9]. Source: s6595, Process: AuxCopy

For now, I've only added the 4 cluster management SVM in the Array Management of the Control Panel.

Do we really need to add all Storage Virtual Machines information in the Array Management?

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,

Jean-Christophe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jcbettinelli

Hello,

I've sorted this issue.

You can right click on cluster management SVM in the client list, and go to the SVM tab.

From there, you can detect the SVM belonging to the cluster, and add them as NAS client. But it will also add them in the Array Manager control panel, so SnapProtect will be aware of all SVM.

Regards,

Jean-Christophe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jcbettinelli

Hello,

I've sorted this issue.

You can right click on cluster management SVM in the client list, and go to the SVM tab.

From there, you can detect the SVM belonging to the cluster, and add them as NAS client. But it will also add them in the Array Manager control panel, so SnapProtect will be aware of all SVM.

Regards,

Jean-Christophe

Public