Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

SnapProtect - Vault restore issue

Gav222

Hi

I’m looking for some advice on a SnapProtect restore issue we are experiencing; We have a CIFS share being backed up using an Aux Vault job. When we restore from this vault job we are able to restore an individual file or a whole folder structure successfully, however if we try to restore multiple individual files from within a folder without restoring the whole folder the job will fail with the below error.

Error Code: [39:278] Description: Restore Job Failed. Reason:[Failed to find the source path '/testing Vault restore.txt' in the Snapshot copy 'SP_2_5489_2218_1438167682', Error: 'Data ONTAP reported error code (2), message: 'No such file or directory' (request: '  /vol/CC_SnapProtect01_SP_130_Copy_310_Site01_cifs_test_Backup/.snapshot/SP_2_5489_2218_1438167682/testing Vault restore.txt  ').'. Make sure that the source path exists in the requested Snapshot copy.]. Source: SnapProtect01, Process: CVNasSnapRestore

When we receive this error the first file is restored before the restore operation fails. Has anyone encountered this behaviour before ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

xavierb

Hello 

I am facing the same issue. Did you find the solution ?

regards

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public