Data Backup and Recovery

Snapcenter 3.0 Installation with DP for NAS fails due to sudo rights

stefanhoenig

Hello all,

I wanted to install SC 3.0 including the new NAS DP Feature, but the installation fails over and over again. I have setup a RHEL 7.2 server for the catalogue and configured it as described in the manual. Here is the sudo configuration, which I additionally extended for the user snapcenter:

Cmnd_Alias HPPLCMD =sha224:IgbMlFUq4EiJCZtqcoJQAuSU8we8cMXPtWT9og== /tmp/sc-plugininstaller/snapcenter_linux_host_plugin.bin, /opt/NetApp/snapcenter/spl/installation/plugins/uninstall, /opt/NetApp/snapcenter/spl/bin/spl
Cmnd_Alias SPCMD1 = sha224:UqBRAZ8/JP3ldR/dosNA955i4JrQ+i56SdoEfQ== /tmp/netapp/sc.sh
Cmnd_Alias SPCMD2 = sha224:B5+rZ0j1GFY5przUVQLcqVMrIaAcjH/0QzErUQ== /tmp/netapp/netapp_solr_boot.sh
Cmnd_Alias SPCMD3 = sha224:+cCXfEjB+eSX1xQnOkuv9xPpcCCFrYaJQxrB6g== /tmp/netapp/uninstall_sc.sh
Cmnd_Alias PRECHECKCMD =sha224:SVM8WNuy9hJ87MaIhUFHTnQI6vEO58adAqkJyQ== /tmp/netapp/Linux_Prechecks.sh
#snapcenter ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: SETENV: HPPLCMD, SPCMD1, SPCMD2,SPCMD3, PRECHECKCMD
snapcenter ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL, NOPASSWD: ALL, SETENV: HPPLCMD, SPCMD1, SPCMD2,SPCMD3, PRECHECKCMD
Defaults:non_root_user !visiblepw
Defaults:non_root_user !requiretty

But the installation prechecks fail with the following message:

2017-07-31 08_19_58-RDP-Manager.png

Running the "Linux_Prechecks.sh" script manually as user snapcenter works.

[snapcenter@flexscinv01 netapp]$ ./Linux_Prechecks.sh
tmp space: 36918
opt space: 36918
var space: 36918
RAM: 12453676
JAVA: 1.8.0_141
JAVA64: 1.8.0_141
RHEL: 7.2
FIREWALL:  inactive
UNZIP: INSTALLED
SPL: NOT INSTALLED
SCU: NOT INSTALLED
SCO: NOT INSTALLED

Any suggestions regarding this ?? Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ebin_SME_ORACLE

Hey Stephan,

Cmnd_Alias HPPLCMD = sha224:IgbMlFUq4EiJCZtqcoJQAuSU8we8cMXPtWT9og== /tmp/sc-plugin-installer/snapcenter_linux_host_plugin.bin, /opt/NetApp/snapcenter/spl/installation/plugins/uninstall, /opt/NetApp/snapcenter/spl/bin/spl

Cmnd_Alias SPCMD1 = sha224:UqBRAZ8/JP3ldR/dosNA955i4JrQ+i56SdoEfQ== /tmp/netapp/sc.sh

Cmnd_Alias SPCMD2 = sha224:B5+rZ0j1GFY5przUVQLcqVMrIaAcjH/0QzErUQ== /tmp/netapp/netapp_solr_boot.sh

Cmnd_Alias SPCMD3 = sha224:+cCXfEjB+eSX1xQnOkuv9xPpcCCFrYaJQxrB6g== /tmp/netapp/uninstall_sc.sh

Cmnd_Alias PRECHECKCMD = sha224:SVM8WNuy9hJ87MaIhUFHTnQI6vEO58adAqkJyQ== /tmp/netapp/Linux_Prechecks.sh

snapcenter ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:SETENV: HPPLCMD, SPCMD1, SPCMD2, SPCMD3, PRECHECKCMD

Defaults:snapcenter !visiblepw

Defaults:snapcenter !requiretty

Replace the last 2 lines - Use snapcenter instead of non_root_user and check.

Regards,

Ebin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ebin_SME_ORACLE

Hey Stephan,

Cmnd_Alias HPPLCMD = sha224:IgbMlFUq4EiJCZtqcoJQAuSU8we8cMXPtWT9og== /tmp/sc-plugin-installer/snapcenter_linux_host_plugin.bin, /opt/NetApp/snapcenter/spl/installation/plugins/uninstall, /opt/NetApp/snapcenter/spl/bin/spl

Cmnd_Alias PRECHECKCMD = sha224:SVM8WNuy9hJ87MaIhUFHTnQI6vEO58adAqkJyQ== /tmp/netapp/Linux_Prechecks.sh

snapcenter ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:SETENV: HPPLCMD, SPCMD1, SPCMD2, SPCMD3, PRECHECKCMD

Defaults:snapcenter !visiblepw

Defaults:snapcenter !requiretty

Replace the last 2 lines - Use snapcenter instead of non_root_user and check.

Regards,

Ebin

stefanhoenig

Hello Ebin,

thanks, that worked.

But it should be changed or described in more detail in the installation and configuration guide for SC3.0.

The current description is misleading.

Thanks

Stefan

Public