Data Backup and Recovery

Snapcentre NFS Discovery process

amayacitta

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how snapcentre discovers which SVM to use for NFS drives? It appears to scan every SVM and look at the export policies, thing is on this environment the same subnet exists at DC1/DC2 and DC3. As such when we perform a refresh any hosts on DC2 or DC3 are automatically selected for an SVM on DC1. DOH! We see LUN's just not NFS exports, I assume this is a limitation of the NFS discovery but I'm only making assumptions by trawling through the debug logs  and drawing my own conclusions.

Here is what it looks like in the logs, as you can see a host in DC3 has been selected by snap centre to have its volumes in a SVM at DC1. This is a mistake of course, and I think it's due to the same subnet - if so snapcentre can't differentiate our sites and we either need to a) change the subnet b) deploy SC at each site or c) get help from NetApp to re-code so the selection process is more intelligent.

Here is the error:

NFSDIscovery.png

We're running Snap Centre 4.3 on 2019 server and all the hosts (there are many) are on 2019 server. As such we tried this KB for fun (thinking it may do more than it suggests) but it hasnt helped.

😮

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amayacitta

The case went to upper engineering and then the below bug appeared. I’m assured it will be fixed in a later revision but with no ETA. 

It does indeed look at the subnet, don’t overlap NFS subnets from different SVM’s in the same instance of SnapCentre. 

https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=1138266

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Public