Data Backup and Recovery

Snapcreator HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

vincent_bolay

I'm using SnapCreator 3.6.0.1 with Oracle plugin on several Solaris Sparc and X86 machines successfully. There is only one X86 machine that doesnt' work. I get the following error: Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at snapcreator.pl line 6655 (#1)     (W uninitialized) An undefined value was used as if it were already     defined.  It was interpreted as a "" or a 0, but maybe it was a mistake.     To suppress this warning assign a defined value to your variables.         To help you figure out what was undefined, perl will try to tell you the     name of the variable (if any) that was undefined. In some cases it cannot     do this, so it also tells you what operation you used the undefined value     in.  Note, however, that perl optimizes your program and the operation     displayed in the warning may not necessarily appear literally in your     program.  For example, "that $foo" is usually optimized into "that "     . $foo, and the warning will refer to the concatenation (.) operator,     even though there is no . in your program.     Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at snapcreator.pl line 9316 (#1) I used wireshark to understand what happened and saw that the agent replied with HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error. Date:  Tue, 30 Apr 2013  11:33:4 6 GMT..Server: libwww-perl-daemon/5.827. .Content -Length:  691..Content-Type: text /xml; charset=utf-8..SOAPServer: SOAP::Lite/Perl/0.714.. ..

soap:Client Application failed during request deserialization: .not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1, column 944, byte 944 at / </opt/SnapCreator/scAgent3.6.0/snapcreator> ;XML/Parser.pm line 187. http://gva04cn1:9090/ Vincent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vincent_bolay

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I finally found the error. I had this line in the config file:

ARCHIVE_CMD02=su - root -c "rmdir /gva04db1/uflashback/SMODWP/archivelog/* > /dev/null 2>&1 | tee /dev/null"

I don't know which special character the parser didn't like and I didn't spend too much time on it. I changed the way I'm deleting the empty directories of archived logs.

ARCHIVE_CMD02=/usr/local/bin/archivelog_dir_mgmt.csh /gva04db1/uflashback/SMODWP/archivelog

And now it works fine.

Best regards

Vincent

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sivar

Hello Vincent,

Please provide me with Solaris version, 32bit or 64bit processor.

Is the OS version same as the other versions that are working? (is it older or newer than the others)

What is the perl -v output

Could you please try downloading recent versions of perl modules XML/Parser.pm and XML/Simple.pm

I believe that might fix this.

Thanks,
Siva Ramanathan

vincent_bolay

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I finally found the error. I had this line in the config file:

ARCHIVE_CMD02=su - root -c "rmdir /gva04db1/uflashback/SMODWP/archivelog/* > /dev/null 2>&1 | tee /dev/null"

I don't know which special character the parser didn't like and I didn't spend too much time on it. I changed the way I'm deleting the empty directories of archived logs.

ARCHIVE_CMD02=/usr/local/bin/archivelog_dir_mgmt.csh /gva04db1/uflashback/SMODWP/archivelog

And now it works fine.

Best regards

Vincent

sivar

I appreciate you for taking the time to find a solution and also keeping the communities updated on the outcome.

Thank you Vincent.

Public