Data Backup and Recovery

Snapcreator server and agent logs file empty

krfa261286

Hello,

I just installed snapcreator server and snapcreator agent to try to manage our SMEX and SMSQL installation from the same place.

On the scServer, I've setup the configuration for the SQL server. Then I created the schedule the daily backup. When I manualy run the schedule, I can see the red button indicating an error.

I tried to check on the Reports, logs file on the scServer and scAgent, but all the folders are empty, and I don't know what I did wrong. I just did a basic setup for the configuration, without modifying anything about this logs options.

Does anyone no what I did wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Fabrice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ktenzer

If there are no logs it means something is failing before we can even write logs.

Under gui/logs should be a snapcreator.log. This should show you CLI calls GUI is making and why its failing. Another option is simply run CLI then you will see why it cant run.

Regards,

Keith

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

krfa261286

An additional details, I'm running the version 3.5.0

Fabrice

ktenzer

If there are no logs it means something is failing before we can even write logs.

Under gui/logs should be a snapcreator.log. This should show you CLI calls GUI is making and why its failing. Another option is simply run CLI then you will see why it cant run.

Regards,

Keith

krfa261286

Thank you Keith,

With you help, I was able to see the error. FYI, the error was that on the Management Section, under configuration, I've created a backup profiles with a space on the name 😞

Thank you very much.

Fabrice

ktenzer

Yep space doesnt work, we fixed this issue in 3.6 (releases July 19) and no longer allow you to create with a space

Keith

Public