Data Backup and Recovery

User "oracle" has credentials for repository but validity could not be checked.

morgan_wigge

I have this issue where one of all hosts don't want to connect to the smo repository and do normal operations..

when i try a regular operation:

[ERROR] SMO-01104: Error invoking command: SMO-20017: User "oracle" has credentials for repository "smo@smorep/repohost:1521" but validity could not be checked.  Error: SMO-09032: Failed  to connect to repository: Io exception: Connection reset: [ORA-17002].

When i use smo diag jdbc:

smo diag jdbc -sid repos -host repohost -port 1521 -username smo -password manager
    SMO-15301: Trying to connect to...
    SID: repos
    Host: repohost
    Port: 1521
    Username: smo
    Password: ******
    As Sysdba: No
    SMO-15302: JDBC URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = repohost)(PORT = 1521)))(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = repos)))
    SMO-15303: Attempting connection ...
    SMO-15305: Error occurred while attempting connection: Io exception: Connection reset
    SMO-15307: JDBC Connected: No

All other hosts this operation works fine on, and i can connect with the same user via sqlplus from this host.

We have even tried to clear and reinstall both the host and oracle binaries + snapdrive and smo binaries with the same result.

And it's just happening on this particular host, but we use the exact same setup on multiple hosts and they work like a charm.

Anyone run into this before?

//Morgan

8 REPLIES 8

jcosta

well,

here you're trying to connect to SID smorepo

repository "smo@smorep/repohost:1521" but validity could not be checked.  Error: SMO-09032: Failed  to connect to repository: Io exception: Connection reset: [ORA-17002].

but here,

you connect to a sid called repos

smo diag jdbc -sid repos -host repohost -port 1521 -username smo -password manager
    SMO-15301: Trying to connect to...
    SID: repos
try to remove the .smo directory and set the credentials again.

morgan_wigge

Sorry for that one, it was me manually anonymizing the actual connectstring and made a typo..  so just think of it as conceptual instead of exact

i tried to remove the .ontap where i could find the smo directory  but the same issue remains.

from the log:

2010-10-18 18:16:03,392 [main] [ERROR]: SMO-01104: Error invoking command: SMO-20017: User "oracle" has credentials for repository "smoadmin@XXXX" but validity could not be checked.  Error: SMO-09032: Failed  to connect to repository: Io exception: Connection reset: [ORA-17002].
com.netapp.dlm.repository.common.RepositoryException: SMO-20017: User "oracle" has credentials for repository "smoadmin@XXXX" but validity could not be checked.  Error: SMO-09032: Failed  to connect to repository: Io exception: Connection reset: [ORA-17002].
        at com.netapp.dlm.auth.CredentialManager.createAndVerifyRepoDescriptor(CredentialManager.java:758)
        at com.netapp.dlm.auth.CredentialManager.repositoryDescriptorFromPasswordlessConnectionInfo(CredentialManager.java:342)
        at com.netapp.dlm.ui.facade.BaseFacade.showRepository(BaseFacade.java:1393)
        at com.netapp.dlm.ui.facade.SmoFacade.showRepository(SmoFacade.java:468)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at com.netapp.common.cli.binding.CommandBinding.execute(CommandBinding.java:97)
        at com.netapp.dlm.ui.cli.SMOMainCLI.main(SMOMainCLI.java:93)
Caused by: com.netapp.dlm.repository.common.RepositoryException: SMO-09032: Failed  to connect to repository: Io exception: Connection reset: [ORA-17002].
        at com.netapp.dlm.repository.schema.RawRepository.<init>(RawRepository.java:103)
        at com.netapp.dlm.auth.CredentialManager.createAndVerifyRepoDescriptor(CredentialManager.java:740)
        ... 9 more
Caused by: com.netapp.oracle.common.OracleException: Io exception: Connection reset
        at com.netapp.dlm.repository.schema.RawRepository.<init>(RawRepository.java:87)
        ... 10 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection reset
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:74)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:110)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:171)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:227)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:494)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:411)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:490)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:202)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:33)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:474)
        at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getPhysicalConnection(OracleDataSource.java:275)
        at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getConnection(OracleDataSource.java:206)
        at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getConnection(OracleDataSource.java:156)
        at com.netapp.dlm.process.common.RepositoryDescriptor.createRawJdbcConnection(RepositoryDescriptor.java:197)
        at com.netapp.dlm.repository.schema.RawRepository.<init>(RawRepository.java:83)
        ... 10 more

nithyana

Have you tried after clearing the credentials? If not please clear the credential and try the same.

Thanks,

Nithyananthan S

morgan_wigge

Thanks, but yes i have cleared the credentials.. both with smo credential clear and by rm -rf the .ontap folder and neither helps out.

gdefevere

Have you found a solution in the meantime for this issue ?

ADVUNIPU1

This answer surely comes a bit too late for morgan, but it still might help people with similar problems.

Take a chance on raising the value of the following parameter:

cat $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/sqlnet.ora

SQLNET.INBOUND_CONNECT_TIMEOUT = 90

If you don't have a sqlnet.ora in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin  or if you have one, but this parameter is not set there, it will default to 60 (seconds).

Raising it to 90 seconds did help in my case.

Background: Several SMO operations running parallel on a repository can cause this error.

greets

Peter

ashwath

Could you try smo diag jdbc with the FQDN host name and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Ashwath

AKOS_KUCZI

Try to look for errors in listener.log and alert.log on repository host. &

Check the processes and sessions parameters on repository database.

Maybe SMO exceeds the process/session limit.

regards,

akos

Public