Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

Re: VIBE Plugin in SC4.1 - Backup with vfilers without HTTP between SC Server and vfiler

Hi Keith,

it took me a while to implement the OC in this environment (firewall rules, ...) but finaly it is running.

The bad thing is that it is still not working. I get the error "[vmw-00004] xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx not found in storage controller/vserver list!"

I have to say the IP address over which the datastore is mounted is not the fist IP of the vfiler (7-mode).

The vfiler has severals interfaces currently 11 IPs.

I´m currently out of ideas.

Regards,

Sebastian

Re: VIBE Plugin in SC4.1 - Backup with vfilers without HTTP between SC Server and vfiler

The vmware plugin connects directly to the vfiler to do some of the vmware specific things as I mentioned. It uses the IP provided in config file so basically what it is saying is the IP where it finds these datastores is not in the config file. Probably because you are connecting to OC over a different IP to vfiler. Unfortunately other than DNS or host file tricks on the OC server I am not sure how to get your configuration working. You can try using the actual IP in config and then on OC side in host file routing that IP to the IP you need or opening this IP up to OC host or re-add this host to OC with this IP. OC will only use one IP though so this could be tricky.

Keith

Forums