2018-08-30 01:48 AM
SnapCenter Server 220.127.116.114
SnapCenter Plug-in vsphere 18.104.22.1684
Snapshots are triggered by SnapCenter and “VM Consistency” is set to true
We have one Resource Group for each datastore. In each datastore are several VMs with vmdks (~30-40). For some Resource Groups the backup job works as expected:
- VM Snaps are generated (takes 1-2 minutes)
- NetApp Snap is generates (takes seconds)
- VM Snaps are removed (takes 1-2 minutes)
For some other Resource Groups step
- takes a bit longer (~5-10 Minutes)
- works as expected
- does not work at all – no VM Snap is removed – and that’s the major problem
It seems related to the fact, that within the appropriate datastore one or more machines cannot be quiesced.
Workaround: Disable “VM consistency” – but this is not a solution.
Any ideas how to troubleshoot?
Is any of the timeouts here helpful?
Thank you in advance!
Solved! See The Solution
3 REPLIES 3