Data Backup and Recovery

What is the difference between SQLINFO and SQLSNAP

alliantenergynjk

We use SnapManager for SharePoint, which requires and uses SMSQL.  On our VMware datastore, I see snapshots with SQLINFO in the name and SQLSNAP in the name.  The SQLINFO appears just on the volume used for C: drives while the SQLSNAP appears on the volume used for the SQL databases.  Does anyone know what the difference is between these two?

Thanks

NK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

alliantenergynjk

I think I see.  Our SnapInfo drive (I drive) shares the same datastore as the C: drive.  It looks like some sort of snapshot is happening automatically of the SnapInfo directory drive (I).  Probably just the way the product works by default.

NK

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

alliantenergynjk

I think I see.  Our SnapInfo drive (I drive) shares the same datastore as the C: drive.  It looks like some sort of snapshot is happening automatically of the SnapInfo directory drive (I).  Probably just the way the product works by default.

NK

dmauro

indeed. SMSQL works by design in creating two snapshots of the volume hosting the log/Snapinfo LUN, for each backup set. you will see a slightly different result when logs and snapinfo not being on same volume (which will then create 3 snaphots instead of 2), but it is still working as designed.

Domenico.

Public