Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

About Data Backup and Recovery Discussions
Talk with other data protection experts about NetApp's SnapManager, SnapDrive, SnapProtect and SnapCenter.

View By
Sort By Subscribe
With Clustered DATA ONTAP, is it impossible to construct a reversed Snapmirror relationship (Restore processing) after deleting Snapmirror relation? * ...read more
Hi, As "Snapshot backup of HANA 2.x MDC with multiple tenant" is not supported by SAP now, I'd like to know if at least the "file-based backup of HANA ...read more
 in the past we need to restore some vm. restore was working without problems. after that i can remember fey days after restore my co worker found on ...read more
I'm using VMDKs from multiple datastores/LUNs/Volumes to create a spanned Windows NTFS volume in a VMware VM.   So machine ServerA has two (2) disks c ...read more
First, our scenario: we use SMSQL 7.2.3 and SnapDrive 7.1.5, and are about to use the Clone Wizard for the first time. Purpose is to move databases fr ...read more
configuring DP Snapmirror with DataONTAP. I want to temporarily mount NFS on the DestinationVol side for ESXi DataStore. In this case, should I do "Sn ...read more
Hello all.   We had to change the SnapCenter server's IP address, and now the vSphere web client SnapCenter plug-in fails to reach it. All spinners ke ...read more
Hi,When is the ordinal or generic (_recent) snapshot naming ability going to be added to snapcenter plug in for VMWare? Unfortunately i still do NDMP ...read more
I am able to successfully perform sql backups on both of my test SQL hosts in snapcenter, as well as "in place" sql database restores, however, I am h ...read more
Hi guys,   I've re-added a controller (running Ontap 8.2.4 in 7-mode) to DFM/OnCommand Core; it was already previously known to DFM, but deleted by ac ...read more
Forums