I have an issue with my SC (4.1P1) setup. I’m using the SAP HANA plugin, but that’s not relevant for the problem, I think. Here’s where I’m facing problems:
- My setup is based on cDOT (8.2 P6) / Linux / NFS
- I have a config where I take backups of primary volumes (wdflabvs07_fp_infra:/schana_data).
- The volumes are protected using snapmirror type XDP (snapvault) – the SC plugin triggers the update during a backup run (wdflabvs07_fp_infra:/schana_data -> wdflabvs10_fp_backup_t002:/sv_infr_schana_data)
- Everything is running fine up to here
- Then I would like to restore a primary snapshot which is older than the base snapshot for the snapmirror relationship
- In order to do that, I’m quiescing and deleting the snapmirror relationship to release the base snapshot
- Then I restore the (older) primary snapshot
- Now I would like to recreate the snapmirror relationship again (to continue protection of backups) – without a complete baseline transfer.
- I’m creating the snapmirror relationship again with type XDP, then I resync the destination.
- In system manager and on the cluster console, everything looks fine: the most recent common snapshot on primary is tagged “snapmirror” and the connection shows up.
- Now in SC, when I run the next backup, it fails, stating that the SnapVault relationship is missing:
I already had a look into that and we could verify that SC is not able to find the relationship anymore. Nevertheless,
- I don’t understand why this is happening and
- How should the correct procedure look like resync the relationship in such a scenario?