Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

cannot connect to iscsi lun from snapdrive

TDUBB1234

when i connect to the iscsi lun from snapdrive I get this error on the netapp

Sat Jul 23 02:50:42 GMT [Java_Thread:warning]: netapp.servlets.admin.Api: Unable to expand template file: fv_blank, Broken pipe

3 REPLIES 3

TDUBB1234

in snapdrive it gioves this error

-------------------------  SnapDrive Operation Start ---------------------------------

Disk connect operation on server - EQ-WIN7 failed for reason

A timeout of 120 secs elapsed while waiting for volume arrival notification from the operating system.

--------------------- The complete operation list is shown as follows -------------------

********************* Server Name: EQ-WIN7*********************

1. Checking input parameters

2. Checking access control

3. Checking policies

4. Turning on space reservation

5. Connecting to the LUN

6. A timeout of 120 secs elapsed while waiting for volume arrival notification from the operating system.  

------------------------------------------ Operation Done ---------------------------------------

rwelshman

Has this server connected to an iSCSI lun before?

Are you using a dedicated network to talk to the filer? Is there any firewall between the server and filer?

davidrnexon

I think we had something similar before.

If you open up a cli connection to the storage and then try to connect to the lun again via snapdrive, does the cli display any errors or notices on the screen ?

Make sure your snapdrive service account has permissions on the filer.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public