Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

sanlun lun show not showing new luns (HP-UX)

smcguire6177

Good afternoon,

Recently I ran into an interesting issue when my SAN administrator presented new storage to an HP-UX host.  Multiple luns were presented, but two of them do not show properly in the sanlun command.  Sanlun lun show -b all and -p all do not display all of the new luns, but sanlun lun show -v does.  In addition the sanlun lun show -v displays the new luns with but the paths are shown as the Agile disks.  On working luns the paths are shown as the pv-links.  Attached is an example of what I am seeing.  I have cleaned up all NO_HW devices/disks as well as any invalid hardware paths that were present on the server.

Is there some way to "fix" the lun so that I can see it in the -b and -p output?  I've also tried having my SAN administrator re-map the luns to new lun numbers and that did not resolve the problem.  I believe the issue I am seeing is also related to a seperate problem I have with snapdrive functionality on the host.  Sanlun version is 5.1.123.0013.

Thanks,

- Sean

1 REPLY 1

Re: sanlun lun show not showing new luns (HP-UX)

smcguire6177

After doing some massive cleanup on the box to remove old device files, luns, non-existant volumegroups, and a host of other issues I was unable to fix this issue.  I ended up having to upgrade snapdrive to the 6.x version before it would work properly.

View solution in original post

2021 NetApp Partner Experience Survey
PES Banner
All Community Forums
Public