Data Backup and Recovery

sdcli.exe Snapdrive replacement in Snapcenter

Four_Aces

I want to use powershell for Snapcenter to clone backups of secondary storage, then add those clones to an igroup to present them as LUNs to dev/test servers, and then use PS again later dismount and delete the clones.

In Snapmanager/Snapdrive this could be done with sdcli disk connect/disconnect and Set-NaVol/RemoveNaVol. Does anyone here know the corresponding powershell cmds for Snapcenter?

2 REPLIES 2

Ontapforrum

Hi,

I don't have snapcenter in my environment. But, "SnapCenter Plug-In for Microsoft Window" includes 'snapdrive' module for powershell.

Have a look at this link, it covers lot of powershell commands for snapdrive , storage & cloning:
https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMLP2840881

On either the SnapCenter Server or the application host where a SnapCenter plug-in is installed, open a PowerShell session window and verify that the proper modules are loaded by using the get-module cmdlet.

If you execute the cmdlet on the SnapCenter Server, only the SnapCenter module is displayed. The cmdlets that have "Sd" in the suffix are the cmdlets that reside in the SnapDrive module, are available only on the application host.

Example
PS C:\> get-module -listavailable snap* | import-module

Few PS Examples:
Add-SdLunMap
Add-SdIgroupInitiator
Add-SdPortSetPort
Connect-SdStorage
Connect-SdIscsiTarget
Delete-SdLUns
Disconnect-SdStorage
Dismount-SdClone
Dismount-SdSnapshot

Thanks!

Four_Aces

Hi, thank you for replying.

I think in Snapcenter 4.3/ONTAP 9.5 Snapdrive for SQL is no longer supported, or the cmds are no longer available.  As below:

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-Module -ListAvailable snap*

Directory: C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules

ModuleType Version Name ExportedCommands
---------- ------- ---- ----------------
Manifest 1.0 SnapCenter {Add-SmCloneDataSet, Add-SmGroup, Add-SmPolicy, Add-SmProtec...

PS C:\Windows\system32> Connect-SdStorage
Connect-SdStorage : The term 'Connect-SdStorage' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or
operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try
again.
At line:1 char:1
+ Connect-SdStorage
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Connect-SdStorage:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Public