Data Backup and Recovery
I just upgraded to SnapCreator 3.5.0c using the following procedure:
- Installed snapcreator server: ./snapcreator --profile setup (followed the prompts...)
- Copied 'scServer3.4.0/gui/snapcreator' directory to bring over the schedules to 'scServer3.5.0c/gui/snapcreator'
- Copied 'scServer3.4.0/configs' to bring over the configs to 'scServer3.5.0c/configs'
- Copied 'scServer3.4.0/logs' to bring over the logs to 'scServer3.5.0c/logs'
- stoped and restarted the GUI port from the new server dir: /usr/bin/java -jar snapcreator.jar -gui_port 6060
After manually running a job from the 'Schedules' that was copied from the previous config I get the following error: "Table/View 'SNAPCREATOR.JOB' does not exist.
I selected the ">" to start the job monitor, indicates the job monitor is already on.
Did I miss something during the install process or when I copied the schedules/configs that may have caused this issue?
3.5 should have an upgrade, we create a different db schema so I don't believe simply copying gui/snapcreator will work.
Can you do a java -jar snapcreator.jar -help?
I have also asked one of GUI devs to provide us with process for upgrade in 3.5
Thanks Keith -
Until there is an upgrade process I will use the 3.4.0 install...
Following are the steps to upgrade to 3.5 from previous snapcreator versions.
1) Stop Snap Creator Server of current installation.
2) Take a backup of the profiles under scServerX.Xx/configs folder
3) Take a backup of the Snap Creator database folder i.e scServerX.Xx/gui/snapcreator
4) If on windows uninstall the current Snap Creator installation.
5) Install new Snap Creator version
6) Copy backed up profiles to the new scServerX.Xx/configs folder
7) Delete the newly created Snap Creator database folder i.e scServerX.Xx/gui/snapcreator
😎 Copy and paste the backed up Snap Creator database folder to i.e scServerX.Xx/gui directory
9) Open CLI and move to directory scServerX.Xx/gui
10) Run the upgrade command i.e java -jar snapcreator.jar -upgrade
11) Start Snap Creator Server
Thanks for the detailed steps.
Performed the upgraded as described and had no issues with the upgraded. The job monitor is working and all of the schedules upgraded from 3.4 to 3.5 without any issues and are currently running.
The NetApp Support Site continues to win, 6 years in a row!
Join our Discord Community